chapter 19

Returning to the room in which roman slept...

He was still sleeping.

But his daughter on the other hand, had just woken up. The mute girl let out a silent yawn before looking around.

Where was hans? She remembered waking up in the night while hans was asleep and snuggling up to him.

But he's gone now, without waking her up...

How rude! Neo was pouting with her arms folded under her chest.

Neopolitan got up and threw her jacket on. As she was about to head out in order to find her boyfriend, a certain object caught her eye.

Namely the sword that once hung at her boyfriend's side. Neo walked over to the small table on which the blade lay.

The blade looked strange on the table as it was longer than the table itself.

Neo grabbed the futuristic blade and looked at it strangely.

Where did he get a sword like this?

'oh he found me.' Neo dropped the murasama in shock.

Needless to say, the ice cream girl didn't expect to hear the voice of a strange man from a sword. Especially one in Hans's possession.

Neo carefully picked up the sword.

'please don't drop me again. I can explain my situation further if you'd like.' Neo was... 'speechless? Most would be at the sight of a talking sword... okay, that joke was in poor taste.' Neo just deadpanned.

'how... hans must not get along with him. He's very serious and a pun-cracking sword is the exact opposite.'

'I would say he's amiable. He doesn't respond much but it just gives me a challenge to find a joke that'll break him.' Neo stared at the sword with dead eyes.

'so... childish.' The reliable sword could only scoff at the notion.

I know it's childish. But the mans been through a lot. He deserves a bit of happiness. I won't tell you what he's been through because I think it would be better if he tells you himself. But he's a very closed-off person. I don't know when he'll tell you but I think he will eventually. But that's up to him.'

Neo had been left with her thoughts to stir.

What could she do? She didn't know how to comfort hans. She didn't know what he likes.

Neo didn't know anything about him.

The girl only knew one thing about his struggles.

His hallucinations.

But even then, she didn't know what the hallucinations were about. Neo just knew he had them.

'I really am clueless.' Sam only chuckled.

'you're not at fault for being clueless. He's scared. He closed himself off. Try's to show as little emotion as possible. He worries. He bleeds. He dies just like the rest of us. He isn't some killing machine or extraordinary individual. Hans günsche is just Hans günsche. No more, no less.' Neo began to think.

'I believe I've said enough. Adios, for now.'

'killing machine... huh. I really don't know anything. Will he ever even be happy with just me?'

And with that thought, neo was left to ponder.

Just, what had hans günsche gone through?

_________________________________________