Chapter 4:A Dark Turn

We were super excited to see Kori's baby photos. He didn't like the idea though. He was sooo cute as a baby. Jasmine wasn't even embarrassed to do her dare. The people who live near our hangout house probably hate us!

I felt really good with my friends, they cheered me up and all my negative thoughts and emotions went away. After we finished playing truth or dare, we did a race. Delon ended up winning though, since he's the one who plays volleyball and all. He's just really fast, oh and Von was super upset and arguing the whole time, but he actually came 2nd last, and Vaxivian was last. Then we sat down to talk.

"Wow, today was so fun!", Von said.
"Yeah it was." the rest of us agreed.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow! Eek!", said Vaxivian.
"Yeah well, our little plan might ruin yours." Jasmine said.
"Oh yeah that plan!" said Von.
"Wait we're going through with that?! I thought you guys were joking!"
"Yes Vax, we're going through with it. It's just a little harmless prank."
"Kori's right. It's just a prank." said Drori.

"Yeah it is. I mean all we're going to do is lock our selves in the cleaner's or janitor's closet, and make everyone think we're gone. That's it, they'll think we went missing, and then we'll come out and scare them. Come on, we won't have to any presentations or anything, since we all hate that. "I said.
" Ugh fine. "Vax agreed.

We looked at the time and realized it was already 6pm. We all decided to just have a sleepover at the hangout house. The hangout house has 3 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, a huge living room/lounge and a tiny kitchen. It was meant to be a living space anyway. I had already showered earlier and so had Vaxivian and Kori. The others took a quick shower, while we changed into our pj's. We always had clothes, snacks and all essentials at the hangout house, for whenever we did unexpected sleepovers, like this one.

Once everyone was ready, we sat down and decided to play Charades.It was so much fun. Then we ate and then we were just relaxing. The boys were in one corner arguing,while Vax was braiding my hair and we talked and Jasmine was just listening to her music, and Mika was.. awfully quiet and Drori was on her TechnoPad.

After awhile it was late and we decided to head to bed. All us girls slept in the one room, since it had two bunk beds and a small bed, Delon and Von were in the other room with two normal beds,and Kori slept on his own in the third room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahhhhh,oh that was a good yawn. Shoot wait, it's morning already, gosh I was waking up so many times in the middle of the night! Oh gosh, we forgot that today is World Memory Day, gosh we're so stupid! Oh wait it's only 4 am...I should wake the others and tell them we should leave so we can get home and have enough time to get ready and leave.

"Pssst, Vax, Vaxivian! Wake up! Helloooo! WAKE UP ALREADY YOU PINEAPPLE!"
"Ah! I'm up. Don't call me pineapple!"
"I knew it would wake you up, plus it makes sense, because you look alot like a pineapple. You know blonde hair, green eyes. Come on lets wake the others up, and get home, it's World Memory Day remember?"
"Oh yeah, ok. Wait um, I think you woke up Jasmine, Drori and Mika up already when you screamed."
"Hmmph,why are you screaming?"
"Oh well Mika, we all need to wake up and leave, today is World Memory Day!"
"Oooooh,fine."all the girls including the usually very respectful Drori, mumbled.To be fair though, who actually is in a happy, good mood in the morning?

We then woke up Kori, Von and Delon and we all left. I walked into my house and headed upstairs. It was 4:15 am. I decided to try and sleep and I did, a little. At 5 am I got out of bed and got ready. I got my stuff and left and while I waited for the bus,I texted my friends on our group chat. Vaxivian said she was gonna be on the bus, which made me happy.

I got on the bus with Vax and when we got off, we ran to the school's backdoor, where the others, except Jasmine were. We greeted each other and waited for about 10 minutes and then Jasmine came and we quietly snuck into the school. We greeted some of the teachers and students and right before the event started, ran to the cleaner / janitor's closet, closed the door and locked it. The event started.

"Hello and a warm welcome to everyone here. Thank you for coming, and thank you, Moonville High for hosting this wonderful event. As you know, I'm Rose Cherylwood, the head of this city and -" We then heard a thud, and we heard someone close to the closet asking where we are. Ms. Cherylwood continued her speech--" and today is World Memory Day. Today we are talking about and looking at images of old extinct animals and also different plants and nature, we will also we talking about the past technology and looking at past technological objects.We-"She stopped.

Suddenly, we heard a huge, loud bang, and the glass shattering. People's screams of fear echoed and there was lots of noise and panic. We could hear things being thrown and we heard gunshots and other strange noises. Our playful, big grins faded away in horror, as there was now worry, confusion and terror plastered across our faces. "Open the door!"I whispered. Kori, the one who suggested we come here to the janitor's/cleaner's closet, but didn't suggest the entire plan and idea, because Von and Vaxivian were the ones who dit that, reached for the door lock, regret and guilt consuming his eyes.

" Uh oh. Guys, we're screwed, we're screwed. I forgot! We have a big problem! "he whispered to us." What?! "the rest of us whispered back." Well uh-