Chapter 11: What Do We Do Now?

I needed and wanted a lot of sleep, but with my insomnia that can be hard. I managed to fall asleep, but I woke up at 5 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I took to my feet, heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I tiredly stumbled to the cabinet where the glasses were, I then slowly reached out and took a glass out. I filled it with water and slouched into a chair.

I began to drink the water, quenching my thirst. I gulped the whole glass in one go. "Hey Rasmi." "Ah!Oh sorry hey Kori." I whispered. "You scared me.." I let out with a sigh. "Oh sorry.. You can't sleep either?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm really tired and I really want to.. But I just can't.. I have way too much on my mind.. Those monsters, us being stranded and abandoned here, those weird mystery people.. Jsut everything that happened.."

"Yeah I understand you.. It's the same for me. Too much on my mind.. And I'm already missing my old life.. I wish none of this happened.."
"And I also feel like crying, breaking down, having an anger tantrum or all at the same time.. That's all the emotions I've been feeling recently.." I said, looking at Kori with a sad smile. He gave me an empathetic, sad, look and he reached for my hand.

As he intertwined our fingers...I looked up at him in shock.. But I didn't let go. We pressed our temples together, finally there was someone who related to me, understood me.. Is there for me.. Listens.. And that's him.. That's when we suddenly heard a loud thud in the house.. We separated and stared at each other for a second, before rushing up to see what the noise was.

We checked the rooms, and everything was normal... Until we got to the girls room,and we saw that, of course, Vaxivian had fallen of her bed. We looked at each other in relief, giggling at the sight. We headed back to the kitchen, sitting back down. "Oh Vaxivian.." I said, as we both quietly cackled at her. Vaxivian always made everyone crack up.

He certainly had a very nice laugh. I loved the way his dreads bounced up and down when he laughed. I always wondered why hy covers his one eye with his dreads though...

"Hey So, I love your dreads, but I'm curious, why do you cover your eye with them? Is it a style thing? Is it just something you like to do or?" I asked him. He looked down for a minute and turned to me. "You sure are a curious one aren't you? Very smart and observant too.." He said, causing me to nervously laugh it off, turning red. He giggled too and his hair clip, which was loose from him sleeping, came undone and fell off.

I looked down at the clip, slowly looking back up at him again. My eyes widened as my heart began to race as I saw what he was hiding under his hair. He had a huge scar across that half of his face, it looked like a burn scar to be specific, and his eye was also affected by the scar, completely white. My heart raced because, well who's heart wouldn't race at that sight, but also... Why did it make him look ten times hotter and cooler than he already did?!

No I had to get a grip on myself I thought. He looked back at me, shock and fear.. Written in his eyes and on his face. "I look.. Terrible, like a monster.. I know.." he said, looking down with a sigh. "What?! No you don't! You look stunning! It makes you look cool and hot and I love how it looks! You don't look like a monster, don't be ashamed! You look really unique and special!" I blurted out to him, realizing no matter how much I denied it before I 100% am in love with him and have a crush.. Nobody makes my heart and skin burn like this, nobody makes me have a thousand thoughts go on in my head and its not in a bad way, nobody makes me feel wanted or loved or special or understood like he does!

I actually fell for him, and as much as I tried to get up, I kept slipping and falling deeper down. He made me feel liberated and like a person.. Heck he's the only person I can talk to about personal stuff.. He's the only one who listens.. I should now return the favor and listen to HIM, and talk about his problems and.. How and why he has that scar..

He stared at me in shock, with a certain twinkle in his eye.. I couldn't quite pin it on what kind of twinkle it was.. But it's was same kind of twinkle I probably have when I'm around him.

"You really think so?" He asked. "I know so Kori. Hey and if you want to talk about it you can, and if you don't want to, that's fine, but I'm here. Like you're always here for me.." I said. He looked at me with gratitude and I pulled him into a warm, emotional embrace. ".. My father.. He was only using my mother and he was cheating on her.. When she found out...he didn't let her out of the relationship and it become a toxic and abusive relationship.. He used to smoke.. And one day when my mother tried telling him to please stop.. He got so angry and he took out his lighter, and tried to burn her. I saw and ran to stop him, and he burned me instead.. "He explained, his tears rolling down my shoulder.

"I know that feeling, my parents got divorced when I was 13 and before that my mother was emotionally abusive to my sister, father and I, and she would sometimes get physical and slap or hit us.. Then she hated me and my sister, and then my sister she went missing, and now it's been a year, and she's presumed dead.. Now my mother is just as terrible as she can be to me.. " I said, squeezing him tightly, tears if my own rolling down his shoulder.

"Im so sorry.." he said. "Thanks.. You know I have alot going on, I have anxiety and paranoia and insomnia and I just feel like the therapist friend and I feel like I can never show my true feelings to anyone or talk to them, yet I have to listen to everyone.. You're the only person I can share with, talk to, show my true feelings.. "I said." I know that feeling, it's the same for me.. You're the only one who I feel comfortable around, who I show my true self to.. " He said."And you're the only person I relate to.." We both said in sync. We looked up at each other in shock, giggling as I said "Jinx you can't talk until someone says your name... Kori." "Well you just did.. I can't believe this jinx game has been around for like eternity." He said. We wiped each other's tears, pressing our temples together as we laughed it off. We looked at each other, his greenish blue sea water eyes looking magical as they stared into my hazel ones.

 We looked at each other, his greenish blue sea water eyes looking magical as they stared into my hazel ones

(Kori's eyes)

(Rasmiona's eyes)

(Rasmiona's eyes)