Chapter 8: Secrets Revealed, But Not All..

I couldn't take it, I felt terrible, my heart heavy with guilt and fear. The pounding of my heart feeling like it would rip out of my chest any moment now. I was trembling and everything was a muffled blur , as I was in a tornado of emotions. Suddenly, Drori and Jasmine snapped me out of it. "Rasmiona, you need to get here!" Drori said. "Wait a minute, where has Von been this whole time, he literally hasn't said anything!?" Jasmine questioned, for the first time ever, sounding mildy anxious.

"I don't know, I think he's in the van." I said, slowly getting up, trying to steady my breathing and just me myself. I slowly approached the van, reaching for the door and opened it. I gazed upon Von sleeping inside. "He's sleeping in the van." I said to Drori, getting in and turning the van on. "Oh gosh, that's such a Von thing to do!" Vaxivian commented. "Vax?! You were also so quiet, what the heck happened to you?!" I questioned, finally getting the van's TechnoControl on. "Oh no I was fine, it was just I was really fascinated with what I found in here! I'll tell you and show you it later!I was also listening in to everything and I'm on my way out! I hope you didn't leave without me!"

"Oh no, I almost did, but I actually didn't. Get out her quick!" I responded. Vaxivian ran to the van, jumping in, worry and happiness plastered all over her face. She was obviously happy about whatever she found, but worried about what had happened. I reached for the van's controls and we were on our way."How is Mika?!"  "Well Rasmiona, she's.. Hurt, badly. I'm doing the best I can, but we need to get out of here." Drori responded, sounding out of breath.

"We're trying, but Mika is hurt and can't really run, and those people are still shooting. -woah-gosh I don't - don't know if we can get out of here!" "Try to take cover!" Vaxivian suggested. "We're obviously trying, but we can't get Mika up and there is nowhere to take cover!" Delon shouted back. Vaxivian leaned over Von's shoulder, shaking him, and loudly shouting to get him to wake up. "Ah, I'm up, I'm up!" He shouted, startled. "I had this crazy dream!You won-" "No Von, that wasn't a dream, it was real, and you heard it all while you were sleeping." Vaxivian said bluntly.

He was shocked, rubbing the tiredness off his face, processing what happened, like a faulty blender. "I know it's alot. Mika and Kori are going to be just fine... They have to be..." I assured him, having to assure myself as well. ".... I don't even know what to say... I guess... I'm sorry for falling asleep and not keeping guard.. For being irresponsible and not doing what I was supposed to... "  
" Von, it wasn't your fault, like at all. You couldn't have done anything, you were literally in the van outside the Hunterz Federation' s HQ. We are like on the other side of town. "Jasmine said over her TechnoPiece.

The rest of the drive was fast, short and awkwardly quiet. We occasionally heard the others screaming or grunting, over our TechnoPieces. We finally reached our destination and flung ourselves out of the van, running to the door. Von bashed it open, unintentionally. We ran in, cautiously wandering and searching for the others. I heard their screams and voices echo, and we approached it silently. Vaxivian ran to the weird, mysterious guy, jumping on him, causing him to fall to the ground. She got his weapon and got back up.

I ran to Kori, relief hitting me gently like a drizzle of rain. "Are you okay Kori?!" I questioned, holding in tears. "Uh, I'm fine.. Thanks for coming here to save me..." He said. I launched at him and pulled him into an embrace, shortly letting go, flustered. Delon held Mika and Jasmine was right by his side. Drori saw us and her, Jasmine and Delon and Mika ran over to us. Vaxivian began to run as well, only to be tripped by the mystery guy and faceplate onto the ground. "Vaxivian!" I screamed. I quickly ran towards her and the mystery guy, and so did the others.

I tried to run to Vaxivian, but she had the weapon in her hand, and the guy was trying to get it out of her hand, resulting in it shooting at everywhere randomly. Kori ran up to the guy and managed to knock him down. I got Vaxivian. Kori restrained the person. "Who the heck are you?!" Delon questioned. "What the heck is this weapon?!" "Why did you try to shoot at us with it?!" Von and Vaxivian questioned. "And, why did you take Kori?!" I added. The person tried to struggle and get out of Kori's grip, but it was useless. They didn't say anything.

"Answer the questions." Drori calmy commanded. "I... I didn't want to hurt you... I was shooting at something else... And I took your friend because... He.. I thought he was working with someone bad.." The mystery person replied. Kori was visibly angered by the last part. "What  else is there to shoot at?" Jasmine asked. Suddenly, we heard a few loud bangs and mysterious roars. The stone building we were in couldn't take it and began to break and tumble. Suddenly huge creatures broke through the wall. We stumbled back, shocked and filled with fear.

There were three massive beast in front of us. They weren't animals though... They looked other-worldly and they looked like the creature I caught a glimpse of before... My heart thumped in my chest and my brain went haywire. I was frozen in place, my eyes being the only thing I manged to move and scan the beasts and their appearances. The one was the same one I saw before, it was colored baby blue, dark purple, bright red and black, the colors looking like they were splashed on like watercolor. The other one was monochrome, a mixture of gry, white and black. The third one was colored Cerise. The colourful and monochrome one had two horns and a tail and spikes across their bodies. The third one had one horn and no tail, but had six limbs. They all had five eyes. Their skin was rough, grotesque, scarred and very textured.

They sent chills down my spine and made me shake in fear. They had huge, sharp teeth, and huge, sharp claws as well as long spiky tongues and they did not look happy or friendly. The person managed to get out of Kori's grip and shouted "I was shooting at the walls so they wouldn't come out! They can sense your presence! My weapon is the only thing that scares them, and they know  when I'm using it!" We all frantically got up and Delon held Mika in his hands.

"Oh gosh, what are we gonna do?! Where are we going to run?!" I exclaimed panic taking full control of me. The beasts slowly examined us."Where the heck is that weapon?!" Von questioned. "Um, I kinda destroyed it." Vaxivian blurted. We all turned towards her, staring at her, feeling like strangling her. "Get out! We need to run!" The person said. We all began to run, and I of course had to slip and fumble out of nervousness, but the mystery person helped me, and when they did, I realized that they were actually female, not a guy.

We got up and all ran out frantically, as the monsters screeched loudly, dropping to all fours and for that one all sixes, and chasing after us. They were fast as lightning. We ran out of the building and ran to the central area of town the creatures ran into any and everything and broke anything easily and I realized they were like 8 meters tall and around 3.5 meters. Yes, I am that nerdy.

They made the ground shake as they ran and it was hard for us to even stay on our feet. We ran towards town hall, but the monsters rampages through it in, seconds. We then approached our school, which was huge. But that got destroyed too. We ran towards the edge of town, where it was more just nature and the monsters were still on our tail. We unexpectedly split up and my anxiety levels rose faster than those monsters. Kori, the mystery person and I were together, Delon and Mika were together, with Drori. Von and Jasmine went together and Vaxivian ended up going solo. The monsters saw what we did, and did the same. One came after us,one after Vaxivian and one went after Von and Jasmine.

We saw a small house up ahead. While we were running , Kori pulled me back and the person ran for a little bit realizing we stopped, and throwing something at the house. They joined us, and we hid inside a  tree with a small hole in it. I was confused though, because plants and nature are like extinct and were destroyed. This tree is the only plant and tree here....