Chapter 12: Love Can Be A Hero And A Villain

We stared at each other, as I took in the beauty of him and his eyes. He really looked like a warrior or a knight. He seemed to carefully scan my eyes and face, scanning me overall though I couldn't tell what he actually thought..

"You know.." He started. "...... I never really felt.. Loved... And never loved anyone.." He continued. "Me neither.." I said. Our temples separated as we leaned in close, our eyes locked. "But that changed when I met you." we said in sync again, this time though, we didn't laugh it of, we instead shot each other's lips a glare. "You made me feel loved.." I said. "And you made me feel " And I love you now.. " We said in unison once again. We leaned in close, and his hands slithered down to my waist, gently cupping my waist. I wrapped my hands around his neck." Wait, can I? "he asked." Of course you can, now shut up and kiss me.. " I replied.

Our lips collided, his were warm and soft and he seemed to enjoy the taste of my chocolate chapstick. We pulled eack other in closer. It felt light and magical.. Like we were in a fairytale, like we were Romeo and Juliet.. It felt liberating and captivating. It felt like heaven, or like dancing in the rain. It was calming and made me forget my problems and worries.

He was a great kisser, heck he would probably bring me back to life if I was the poisoned Snow White and he was Prince Charming who came and kissed me. His kiss felt like a cure, a spell. It woke me up, made me feel alive. His kiss gave me warmth, comfort and a tingly feeling. He made my heart burn, in a good way. He made me feel like I was out of this world, like we were in space, like we were extraterrestrial...

His kiss pulled me in like a black hole. His kiss was like a chocolate mousse, tasty, sweet, irresistible, addictive and always makes you come back for more, and I loved it. I opened my eyes, to see he had his open already, admiring me. Our eyes and lips were locked. I slowly pulled away, breathless. Gosh that was amazing. We sat there staring at each other and that's when in sinked in and I realized what I just did.

My body heated up, I turned red and my heart pounded so hard in my chest, that it felt like it was going to rip itself out of my chest. My eyes darted all over the kitchen and a million thoughts raced through my head. Confusion, nervousness, happiness and regret filled my spinning head, and my stomach began to turn. That's when I went to get up, and with how anxious and nerve wracked I was, I obviously ended up slipping and nearly falling, when Kori caught me. He held my waist tightly and this caused me to go into more of a love panic than I was in before. He was still calm and collected, I could tell from his eyes, which I met a few times in my panic.

He carefully let go and opened his mouth to ask me something or to tell me something and that's when we heard giggling and cackling coming from the others in their rooms. I rushed over, trying to get away from Kori, this time thankfully not slipping and falling. I ran to the girls room to see them all giggling at something they were looking at on their phones , and I peeked over at the other room where Kori was looking, to see the boys cackling at something they were also showing each other on their phones.

I could see Kori was about to turn and look at me, so I quickly turned away and pretended to be looking at the girls, before I awkwardly shuffled into the room. The others were simply texting each other jokes, pick up lines and other weird and funny things, and that's why they were laughing their heads off. I tried to stay far away from Kori, not talk to him or make eye contact with him as they showed us. I could feel his gaze on me though..

It was awkward and weird and their was definitely some tension between us..but I honestly didn't know how to feel or what to think. On one hand I was so overjoyed and over the moon he kissed me, and he loved me too, and I wanted to be in a relationship with him.. But on the other hand, I felt hesitant and confused and like we shouldn't rush into anything.. Like it was just one kiss, a one time thing, and would probably never happen again. Heck it kinda felt like a dream on one hand and a nightmare on the other.. Either way.. I wanted to just wake up from it.

This was too much to deal with.. I'm not ready to be in a relationship.. I'm going through things.. And I hardly love, heck I DON'T love myself,so how could I love someone else.. What if it didn't work out.. What Kori doesn't love me and he felt bad and didn't want to reject me and what if he actually doesn't love me?! What if something else like a traumatic event or me and my insomnia, paranoia and anxiety get in the way.. Or what if something completely unpredictable happened?!

I didn't want to tell Vax or the others.. This was between Kori and I.. I can't believe I told him everything and I spilt so much! He probably thinks I'm pathetic.. Ugh, why is this happening?! This could be the right person, wrong time or right time, wrong person or it could be wrong person, wrong time or it could even be right person, right time?! I just can't decide! But if I can't decide and I'm thinking like this, should we even be in a relationship? My paranoia will also probably get in the way..

That's when a light rumble from the ground broke me out of my thoughts. "Uh oh, you think those monster thingys are back and near?!" Vax said. We all looked around, panic and fear in our eyes. The light rumble caused Kori to slip. I didn't reach out to catch him, heck I didn't want to, but of course the rumble pushed me forward, and pushed him again, causing him to fall on top of me.