Chapter 9: Finding Our Way Around

We hid in the.. tree.. and we heard the monster run by, and go towards the house. It ripped apart the house, like we would rip apart a piece of paper and it roared loudly, hurting my ears. Then we heard it run out of town and into the outskirts, which was just nothing, because our town is in the middle of nowhere. I realized the person was comforting me, as if they knew how anxious, panicked and paranoid I was.

They shortly let go, probably realizing I saw. Kori let out a sigh of relief and I did too. Only, mine was shaky as heck. Kori turned to me,"Are you okay?" He asked. "Yea, I'm.. Fine." I said, breathing deeply. I turned to the mystery person asking if she was okay and she just nodded. Something about her felt familiar... I just couldn't figure out what it was, so I brushed it off.

Kori was giving her side glances and she was too. I thought it was probably just Kori being upset she took him and all that. I managed to calm myself down, my anxiety and panic wearing off like painkillers. I rubbed my face and cleared my throat. "How are we going to find the others?" I asked. "And also, we don't know where those other two went.. What are we going to do?!" I added, my panic and paranoia resurfacing. Kori held my hand and reassured me. "We'll find them, and hopefully by the time we do, the monsters will be somewhere else." He gave me a gentle, comforting smile, and I game him a nervous, flustered one in return.

"We should go." The mystery person said, jumping out of the tree. Kori jumped down also, and then I did. I tripped a bit, and Kori went to catch me, but the mystery person did instead. She put me down, cleared her throat and moved on. Kori and I stared at each other, both confused and curious. "Wait! This tree.. It should not be here.. Nature and plant and trees aren't in this town anymore.. Why is this one here? I never saw it or knew about it before. I-" I started, the mystery person saying, "Would know. Yea, I know, you love that type of stuff, this isn't a tree, it's.. A hideout for who I, work for." "How do you know.." I started. "Lucky guess, you seem to know alot about plants and all, so I assume you're into it and know alot about it." The person replied.

"Who do you work for?" Kori questioned. "...... I can't tell you. Don't ask me about that." They replied. "We should eat, I got some water, food and other essentials earlier, when, um we were trying to save Kori." I said. "I'm not hungry, stress I guess.." Kori replied. "Okay, suit yourself!" I said, taking out a packet of MakkaMellows, ripping it open and digging in. I was starving. I get hungry really easily, and I snack alot..

We were walking towards the shopping center, and it was quiet. I was eating my MakkaMellows and Kori and the person, were giving each other occasional glances. Suddenly, I thought of something, and I stopped and gasped." Kori and the person stopped turning around to look at me." What's wrong Rasmi?" Kori asked." I just thought of something. We all still had our TechnoPieces in our ears.. We can still contact the others, and even if they don't respond on the TechnoPiece, we can take it out and turn it back to the normal TechnoPad and try and contact them!" I said, grinning widely.

" Oh wait you're right! That's a great idea, Rasmi!"Kori responded." Indeed." the other person replied." Whats your name?"I blurted out, regretting it as soon as it came out of my mouth." I mean, you don't have to tell me! " I said."........ "They stayed quiet. I sighed and tryed to change the subject.

" So, um, I'm gonna try my TechnoPiece. Hello? Anyone there?Guys, can you hear me, it's Rasmiona?Von, Jasmine? Vaxivian?Delon, Mika Drori? Anyone?" " What happened? "Kori asked. I heard something, and gasped, signaling for him to be quiet. After a little while I looked at him and the person." What happened?" he asked." I heard Von and Jasmine screaming, and Delon, Mika and Drori's TechnoPieces were turned off and Vaxivian isn't responding.." I answered. "Hello?! Rasmiona?! I'm here!! It's Vax!" I suddenly heard. "Vaxivian?! Are you okay?! Where are you?!" "I'm fine, and I'm at the One Piece anime Theater! You know that one anime that's still ongoing?!"

"Yeah Vax obviously! Everyone knows One Piece and the One Piece Theater!" I tired to look at Kori and the woman, them both staring at me curiously. "Vax reponeded! She's at the One Piece Theater. Let's go get her!" I exclaimed happily. We started walking towards the theater and I couldn't help but randomly blurt out "Why are you still with us?" To the mystery woman. Words always slip out of my mouth, and I hate it. Kori gave her a side glance and then continued walking like normal.

"..... Uh.... I don't know.. I just decided to stick around... It's D... Nothing." They said. I assumed she was going to tell me her name, but stopped dead in her tracks. Kori seemed visibly angry and stormed way ahead of us. "Demi..." I mumbled. "What?" The woman questioned. "It's just that your name starts with a D... My sister's name used to be Demi.. She disappeared months ago and they found a body.. They said it was her and declared her dead. I.. I didn't want to believe it, but she's gone.. It hurts so much.. She was always there for me, she was a mentor, a mother figure and she was so loving and caring.. I miss her alot.. Her death really messed me up.. " I stumble, tears stinging my eyes,as I tried to restrain any sobs from getting out, like one would restrain and chain a dog.

"Oh... Uh,..Im sorry? For your loss? She must have meant alot to you?"
"Um yeah she did. I miss her. Anyway I shouldn't have said all that.. I got caught up and I vented and I.. I'm sorry.. You probably don't care at all.." I said, stiffening up and trying to act serious and normal. "No, no it's fine. You can always vent.." "Thanks.. You're a good sister.. I mean.. Listener.... You're a good listener.. Just like my sister was.. I'm sorry I accidentally called you Demi and then a good sister.." I blurted out anxiously, staring at the ground in embarrassment.

"It's ok. I understand.. I miss my sister too.. It's complicated though and I don't wanna talk about it..." She said, giving me an understanding look, I could tell just from her eyes. I smiled in gratitude at her. "Yeah. It's just that with you.. I feel like for some reason.. My words just ooze out of my mouth.. Melt out of it like a chocolate laza cake.. They just jump out, like wild monkies... It's how I was with my sister.. You remind me alot of her...Only because your name starts with D and you're a good listener.. But heck there's so many people like that.. It's just I'm not used to you and I don't really know you.. You make me kinda nervous and weird.. And so that's why I ended up saying all that and this. " I said, giggling it off.

We found Vaxivian, who was just lost, because she doesn't do well when she's nervous and panicking... She screams and she makes irritional decisions and she forgets things and her brain just basically doesn't work at all. Once we got her, we began to walk out of the theater. Suddenly the memories and images of those monsters flashing in my head. I shook my head, telling myself I can't think about that now. We walked around for a bit, exploring and looking for the others. We did this with caution, preparation and carefulness. We walked for very long.. So long we reached Marianna's shop.. THE ONE THAT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN... AND WE WERE ON THE OUT SKIRTS, AND EDGES OF TOWN...

That's when a memory flashed in my head...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note! Hiiii guys! I hope you are liking the story so far! I just want to thank everyone who followed me, and who read, commented and voted on this story! It means alot! Also I wanna say, the way I wrote Rasmiona, to be the therapist friend is because I wanted her to be relatable, and realistic, so people would kinda feel a connection with her character. And also since she has anxiety and paranoia, and an emotionally abusive parent, alot of people can relate to her. If you relate to her in any way, I'm so sorry. You deserve better, hang in there, and I promise things will get better. My messages are open if you want to talk and vent. This is a safe space and place, and if you can relate to Rasmiona, I'm sorry, that must be terrible. Nobody deserves to go through that. Just wanted to get that out. Love yall <3