Chapter 1: I'm not late.

Hey lovelies. Enjoy the first chapter. Love ya.

Scarlett's POV:

My alarm clock went off right on time, 6:30am. School starts at 8 and it's the first day of school and I am going to be a senior. I'm almost out of this shithole of a place and I can finally get on with my life. Don't get me wrong, I like school because, well, I'm better than almost everyone else. Except him. 

I got out of bed at 6:45 am and got into the shower. Showers usually only take 20 minutes then I brush my teeth and start to get ready. Starting with my hair, I use a blow dryer brush to get a blowout effect that looks perfect on my long brown layered hair. Next, I do my makeup which I try to keep natural looking, no need to stand out more than I already do.

I then get dressed in something casual but still looks nice. I pick out a pair of baggy ripped jeans with a white crop top and blue jordans. I looks pretty good and goes well with my makeup. I think it will fit in with the other girls nicely. I won't stand out that much. I hope. I always have because all anyone sees me as is a spoiled, rich, brat, who get good grades, and anything else she wants. Its annoying truly, but to be honest sme of those stereotypes are true which makes it even worse. Those are also another reason why I don't have many friends. That and because not many want to be around me for more than money. 

By the time it's 7:30 I'm downstairs ready to go, eating avocado toast which is my favorite breakfast. After i'm done eating, I get in my car, a 1999 black cobra mustang, and make my way to school. I arrive 5 minutes before the first bell rings, perfect timing to get to class. Or at least it should be as long as I don't get interrupted by him again. He did that everyday last year even if I was late, he would miss the beginning of class just to make me even more late. I sure hoe he doesn't do it this year.

But, I'm not a very lucky person so as expected and unwanted, i'm stopped on my way to class by Ethan. My rival. We have been academic enemies since we were little and he has always made a point to annoy me in one way or another. We have always been fighting for the top spot in the class and this year i'm going to win, once and for all. I can feel it. 

"On your way to class I assume?" the nuisance says. "Well no shit, Sherlock" I respond. Ethan then bites back with "Sherlock huh. Thanks for admitting im smart. That means a lot coming from you, Scarr". I then reply with "Don't call me Scarr. Only my friends get to all me that". Then I push past Ethan and walk to my next class, all because of him I might be late. "What friends?" I hear him shout from behind me. Honestly he is right though, I don't have any friends at this school. I used to before we moved and I became the talk of the town but didn't live up to everyone's expectation of the cool, rich, new girl. Having him make that comment makes my blood boil. Just having to look at him does that too but holding a conversation really makes me unhappy. I just don't like him. Oh shit I only have 1 minute to get to my first period which is all the way across the school.

 I hate him. 

I walk into class a minute late, luckily the class hasn't started . I try to sneak in and get to my seat unnoticed and quietly, but the teacher, Mrs. Rodriguez spots me and isn't too happy about my late appearance. "You're late Scarlett" the old witch says as I find my way to my seat. "I'm not late miss, you haven't started teaching yet but sorry for nothing" I say in reply which earns me a scoff from Katherine, the school's whore. "Ya know you could just take responsibility for your mistakes Scar face, I know your mom didnt with you but I think it was a good choice on her part". It was my turn to scoff "Ya know you can just stick your comments up your pussy Kathrine. Or is it too loose up there because you've been hit and quit by the whole football team". That was uncalled for but it shut her up real quick. Now she, is my mutual hater. I don't like her, she doesn't like me, which is weird because we were friends when I started school here.

"Scarlett, detention tomorrow afternoon for that not so kind comment that you just made aimed at Katherine, and for being late" Ms Rodriguez says. I know with me being smart most people would think i'm a nerd but quite the opposite. I probably have more detentions that this whole class combined but I haven't been expelled yet because the schools academic achievements are basically the only thing this shithole has going for it. We suck in sports, art, music, and every other category that comes to mind. Ethan and I's achievements are the only thing keeping this school on the map. I hate it but the only reason i'm at this school is to keep a low profile until I graduate because my dad said that I need to finish high school before I can join the family business. More like my dads business that he calls the family business because my uncle works on a lower tier of it. I honestly don't even know what it is he does but, I apparently have to take over when im of age I guess.

Chapter one is done. Let me know what you think and give me and comments on anything that would make this story a better read. Thank you lovelies.

Word count: 1016