Chapter 5: Save the Business.

Hey lovelies, hope y'all liked the last chapter that was put out. I have some end of semester projects coming up so it might take a little longer for the next chapter to come out. But don't worry, once im done there will most likely be a double update. I hope y'all like this chapter. Love y'all.

Scarlett's POV:
I ended up falling asleep after what happened with Ethan. That kiss changed my perspective on him more than his words earlier did. Ugh i'm so confused. Men are just confusing. I don't know what to do. I mean, I think I like him but at the same time, i'm not sure. Feelings are confusing. I don't want to have any situationships, those are a lot worse than relationships. 

I woke up about 2 hours after falling asleep. I went downstairs with a hoodie on so no one would notice the marks on my neck, and found my dad cooking in the kitchen which was weird. "Hey honey. Happy almost birthday. You have only 2 days left until you are a legal adult. I feel old, Why did you have to grow up? I want you to stay my little girl forever" my dad said to me. "Dad, you are not even 40 you are not old. It's already my birthday? Wow I didn't even realize. And dad, I will always be you daughter, i'm just not little anymore" I replied.

"Honey, I have something important to talk to you about and you better not get mad because this is for your own good and  it will the family business good" he said which made me feel worried for some reason. "Alright dad. I trust you as long as your not hurting me, I'll be fine" I said back. "Scarlett I'm sorry to tell you this right now but you need to know before your 18th birthday" he droned on. I seemed like he was trying to drag on telling me this information.

"Honey, you are in an arranged marriage with my best friend's son".

I sat there in silence. Not daring to mutter a single word. Not even letting out a strangled sound. I was just sitting there in shock. Reveling in the words that just fell from my dad's mouth. Married? Me? I just couldn't see it. How could I get married? I don't want to. I have to get out of this arrangement as soon as possible. I don't even know who he is talking about. I'm not allowed to come out of my room when his friends are around. 

"Scarlett. Say something. You will be meeting them tomorrow night at a dinner. I'm sorry that this information is just being pushed onto you but it's happening and you cannot get out of it. It has been planned for a while. I'm sorry Scarr". His words only soothed me to an extent but I'm still going to get out of this. How could he ever think I would agree to this bullshit of an arraignment? He's an idiot if he thought I would just go along with his little plan.

I stood up and walked to my room without says anything and didn't turn around when I heard him calling after me. Before I closed the door I yelled "FUCK YOU". This cannot be true. This cannot be my life. The married life isn't for me. God i'm not even eight fucking teen and yet he has already pawned me off. I thought things had gotten better and he actually wanted to have a normal relationship again but no. 

I just sat on my bed and thought about all the things I thought I would do after high school. I wanted travel the world, go to college, meet new people, go to bars, get a boyfriend on my own terms, make long lasting memories, and just be free. There as so many things I haven't done yet. 

I've been stuck in this fucking house my whole life in a set routine my dad made for me because he's scared im going to leave him. Just like mom did. But at this point, I'm ready to. After whatever crap he just set up with his best friend, I'm so done. I'm too young for this. It's too early in my life for me to be tied down. And who the hell knows what kind of person it is I am to be married to.

I hate my life. Maybe I could get out of this. I could run away but that will take a lot of planning and where would I go. I can't believe that I've been in an arranged marriage for my whole life. That my life has been planned out for me for however long it has been.

And I even have to meet them tomorrow. Im exhausted from just thinking about this whole situation. I can't believe this is my life right now. It feels like an out of body experience. I hear my dad knock on the door but I didn't bother to respond. I didn't want to talk to him after he just decided my whole life for me. 

I think I will take a nap to get over this whole thing. That will help me set my mind straight and maybe i'll be able to wrap my head around it. Sleep is a good way to get rid of problems, or at least forget about them until you wake up. I learned that when I was younger and mom was first gone. 

I can't believe I'm getting married to a man I've never met. Or at least I don't think I've met him.

 I hope not. But then again, I wonder who it could be? Like I said, I never met his friends because I wasn't interested but then again, I wasn't allowed to for some reason.

God I can't believe my life got signed away to someone I don't even know.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love ya lovelies.

Word count: 1026