Chapter 6: The meeting.

Hey lovelies, enjoy the new chapter. Love ya.

Scarlett's POV:

School when by quick today although I did have to wear a hoodie over my uniform to cover my neck. I hope no one noticed because I messed up a few times and look off my sweatshirt but my hair still covered it. I think. It was over soon enough, mostly because I didn't pay attention to anything. 

My mind was just on the supposed meeting we were having with my soon to be fiance. I don't want to get married as soon as I turn 18. Tomorrow. My life might seem glamorous on the outside, but right now, it sucks ass. At this point in debating running away just to leave all this behind me. I could do anything I want and I could go anywhere I want. It sounds like a good deal to me. I know I sound over dramatic but my freedom means a lot to me and marriage would tie me down. That's just not me. 

I get home right after school. My dad is also home but when he tries to talk to me, I just ignore him and go to my room. I don't want to talk to him right now. Because of him, my thoughts were to busy to pay attention in school. He thankfully doesn't follow me but he did yell up the stairs "The meeting is at 6 at our restaurant. Be ready". If I climb out my second story window and jump to the tree, I might be able to climb down and leave without my dad noticing. Who am I kidding, I'm not that athletic or coordinated to pull that off.

Reluctantly, I go to get in the shower. Its only 3 in the afternoon, but I need to do something to stop me from coming up with more ridiculous escape plans. I could just walk out the front door and get in my car, dads to busy to notice me anyways. I shake my head to get rid of these unwanted thoughts and then turn on the water in my attached bathroom and make it the perfect temperature. I soon undress from my school uniform and get in the shower. 

Once im done, I get out, put on my robe, and I start to blow dry my hair. After it is mostly dry, I get out my blow dryer brush to perfectly set my layered hair and curtain bangs. Once i'm finished it looks like I have a new fresh blow out. It's perfect. Too bad I have to waste such a good hair look on this meeting. I soon get dresses into a knee length black dress with an off the shoulder sweetheart neckline and loose mesh puff sleeves that fits my hourglass shape perfectly. I just bought it over the summer and haven't had a chance to wear it yet but our restaurant is the kind of place you dress up to go to so it's perfect.

After I get dressed, I put my robe back on to protect my dress while I put makeup on.I set my laptop up to play a tv show while I get ready. I don't plan on doing much, just a natural look. I do my base, then my eyes and eyebrows, I cover the marks on my neck left by you know who, and finally, I did my lips. It looks pretty once im done. I look good and I'm all ready by the time the clock hits 5. I didn't realize I look so long to get ready. It's almost time to leave because the restaurant is about 20-30 minutes away and dad likes to be early.

"Scarlett it's time to go, we should be there before them to make ourselves but mostly you look better". My dad sounds like a real asshole but I love him. He changed after mom left and I don't blame him. She was the light of his life but she was an absolute bitch. I loved her too until I found out what she did. "I'm coming dad. I just have to put my shoes on" I yell back. 

I decide to wear black closed toe stilettos because I'm not very tall. I'm only 5'4 but with these shoes i'm around 5'6 which is an awkward high but atleast im taller. After putting them on, I'm walking down the stairs slowly so I dont trip or something. "Honey, you look beautiful. You look just like her" my dad say with a hint of sadness. I look a lot like my mother which I can tell he will always sort of resent me for but there is nothing either of us can do about that.

"Thanks dad. You look great too. Are you ready to go?" I ask, knowing the answer will be yes because he could never be late a day in his life. We get in his Hennessey Venom f5 which is my dream car and I hope he will get me one as soon as he realizes I can drive without crashing. We get to the restaurant at 5:45 and dad booked the party room upstairs for us to have this little 'meeting' about my whole future in.

We go upstair and get settled and my dad tells me "Now honey, I know you hate the idea of this whole arranged marriage thing but please don't be rude. They are my friends and soon family so please just be nice and don't say anything disrespectful. Besides, you already know who you will be marrying you just don't know it. From what he has told me you guys go way back too so hopefully you will hate this a little less because you are marrying someone you know".

He finished talking leaving me pondering on who it could be that is my future fiance. I don't get much time to think before the doors open. I stand up and turn around slowly. When I look at their faces, i'm shocked to see who the one i'm marrying will be. 

That little bastard...

Don't forget to comment and vote. Love ya lovelies.

Word count: 1024