Chapter 2: Shocked.

Back with another chapter lovelies. Hope you enjoy. Love ya.

Scarlett's POV:

It was now lunch time and I usually sat alone because as I said, I don't really have any friends at this school, just enemies. Not so perfect-perfect timing  on my part because from across the cafeteria Ethan catches my eye and he is looking right at me. Weird. I finish my food rather quickly so I can just leave and get on wit my business. Unlucky for me, on my way to throw out the leftovers, Ethan stops me in my tracks. He stands right in front of me with a rather smug look on his face.

"Scarr did you hear, i'm the number one in class as of the last tests. Guess you'll have to take second place again, for the fifth year". I was quick to respond with "Ethan, can you just fuck off. Can't you see that i'm busy". "Busy with what? Throwing away some food scraps? C'mon you always have time for me. We've been  the best of friends practically since we were born" Ethan says. "I'm not sure if you could call our situationship a friendship. We have been in competition since we were able to understand what that was". "No, you've been in a competition, i've just been humoring you". 

Ethans words shocked me. He made me feel, foolish for once in my life. I turned around and walked out of the lunchroom. He has always been the one to agitate with this whole competition and he isn't even in it? What the fuck? Has this whole relationship we've had just been because I cannot back down from a challenge. I'm in shock to say the least. I really can't believe this motherfucker. 

 I hear him behind me as I speed walk down the empty corridor, abruptly stopping my voice shaking as I'm so angry and anxious. I stuttering out "W-what? I-I thought this is what you wanted. I-I thought you always wanted to push my buttons, to prove that you were better than me. To prove that i'm worth nothing more than a silver medal" words just kept falling from my mouth with no way to stop. I tried to do some deep breathing but it wasn't working. I don't know what was happening to me but I didn't like it. Its like my whole perspective just flipped. 

"Hey, hey calm down. Its ok" Ethan pulls me into a hug. That was unexpected. It was unusual but I didn't hate it. "Sweetheart, its ok. I humor you because when I do, you talk to me. Even if you don't like me, at least you talk to me. That's all I ask for" he says which oddly enough, calms me down and makes me feel special in some twisted way. His words play over and over in my head, making me try and find the hidden meaning behind them. "Are you better now darling? Do you need anything? Are you gonna keep hugging me? Not that I mind of course, but we have to get to third period soon. The bell rings in one minute". 

I listened to his words, they made me feel safe for some reason, they made me feel loved and wanted. I wasn't used to this and from his speech, that as blatantly obvious. I don't know what caused this sudden change in attitude towards him but their definitely was a shift. It was a foreign feeling but I wasn't opposed to it. I slowly backed away from him, turned the other way before I felt him grab my arm. "If you ever need anything just let me know, ok Scarr?" he said once I was facing him again. "Yes Ethan, thank you" I said before turning the other way and I didn't look back. I just wanted whatever just happened to be a scenario I made up in my mind. Otherwise, that would be sort of embarrassing and mind boggling on my part. 

It seems like he might have feelings for me. I'm probably wrong though. Just mistaking kindness for likeness.

I walked into history just a few seconds before the bell rung, only to find most of the seats already taken leaving the only one left right next to Kathrine the whore. She probably still wasn't over what I said to her before but oh well what can I do. "Scar face, I saw that little Exchange with Ethan in the hall, I-" cut her off before she could finish her sentence "Oh, so you're spying on me now? I thought that was below you. Also, that's creepy, do you have a crush on me? I mean who doesn't but that's besides the point. Are you that stalker from last year? Wow, the school year just started nd you're already back to work". Katherine was at a momentary loss for words but she was quick to bounce back. 

"Before you rudely interrupted me, I was going to tell you that Ethan is mine and you should keep your distance before you get what's coming to you". She finished her rant and I replied "What makes you think I was to be around Ethan? And also what is coming for me? What are you going to do Kathrine? We both know im better than you in any way possible". I just wanted to be done with this conversation and lucky the teacher started the class before she could reply.

Time Jump-

School was soon over and I was back in my car on the way back home. I pulled up to the Mansion that my dad bought just to show to his competitors just how much money he has to waste. I even have a G-Wagon all because he said that I should only have the best when we both knew the underlying message. I usually just drive the mustang though. The G-Wagon is too nice for school.

When I pulled into the garage and got out of the vehicle, I made my way up to my room and closed the door behind me. What I didn't know was that there was someone in my room waiting for me when I got there.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Love ya lovelies.

Word count: 1040