Accidents Happen- Chapter 6

ROBERT'S POV

I regret this. Why did I have to ask him that. Roy will never forgive me. I should've asked not in front of Ross, where I could've explained I support him. Maybe I shouldn't have asked to play truth or dare in the first place. Roy wouldn't have gotten injured, and he wouldn't be out in the freezing rain right now. Neither would Ross. Ross says he isn't mad, but I don't know. I want them both to still like me. If I had been able to find the words to at least explain it was alright at that moment. This might have never happened.

ROY'S POV

Ross hugs me tight. He just has his arms wrapped around me. I automatically feel a bit better. I blush, but nobody would be able to see it. I know my face is a burning red from crying. "Robert didn't mean anything wrong Roy." Ross said. "The sudden question was stupid though." He added. He still held on to me as he talked. "We accept you Roy." Ross said. Next thing I knew I was crying again. But these were more happy tears. "I wish you told us sooner, but we both don't care if you're trans or not." He said. I hugged him back. I never knew how much I needed this. I mean, I don't think my parents have ever even hugged me before. It was a soothing feeling. Especially from Ross.

ROSS'S POV

"Roy, you're gonna get sick if you stay out here. We have to go back home." I say after a while. His response was a shiver, and he nodded wearily. I stood up and helped him up, shivering myself. The rain had slowed ever so slightly, but it was more bearable to walk in than before. After a few minutes of walking, Roy finally says something. "I was so scared you guys wouldn't like me... as a friend of course." He said as we walked back. "Of course we like you! We've been friends for like, 6 years. We met when we were 9!" I said. If he's trans, maybe he'll be ok with me liking boys. Wait, does that mean he could be attracted to me since he was originally a girl!? No.. I'm overthinking it. 

ROBERT'S POV

I got a text from Ross at last. He hasn't texted me in like, 15 minutes. "I found Roy. We're heading home now." it read. Thank fucking god. I swear I would've had a panic attack if Ross hadn't found him. I feel so bad, I hope Roy will let me explain that I didn't mean to push him, and thought he would trust us with this information. 15 more minutes pass by and the door opens. Ross and Roy stand there soaking wet. Roy is looking down, he looks exhausted. And his face is a red color beneath his eyes. "Has he-" I start, and Ross just nods. I sigh. "Roy, you should put on some dry clothes." Ross says and Roy just walks away. 

ROY'S POV

Even though I don't want to be, I am mad at Robert. Why was he looking into my closet in the first place!? And even though they accept me, why would he just ask in front of Ross? This whole situation is so embarrassing and mentally draining. I grab some warmer clothes and change into them. I go and sit on my bed. I can hear Ross and Robert talking about me. I don't think in a bad way. It reminds me of my parents talking about me. Except they would complain about me being a "boy" now. They only call me a he/him and call me Roy to make themselves look good. I hate them. I was worried Robert and Ross would be like them.

ROSS'S POV

"Why did you ask that all of a sudden Robert!?" I yelled at him. "I swear I was just curious- I- I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I wanted to find the words to tell him that I accepted him, but I couldn't!" Robert said back. "Well, you failed and now Roy is a mentally drained mess! He probably has a cold and I'm pretty sure he's mad at you as well!" I said. "You said you weren't mad at me!" Robert said, confused. "I don't know, all I know is that you shouldn't have been snooping in his damn closet in the first place!" I said. I hate this, but all my anger is brewing to the top. I love Robert, but I also love Roy, and Robert should've known he shouldn't have been looking around like that. My thoughts clouded and I was overthrown by anger and confusion about the situation.

ROBERT'S POV

I look at Ross and he looks like he's about to kill someone. I've never EVER seen him like this. I'm about to ask if I could make things better, but suddenly his hands whips across my face and I'm left with a hand mark on my cheek. He glares at me, but his look of anger quickly fades into regret. "Robert- I-" He starts. I don't know how to feel. I can't leave the sleepover because I need to explain to Roy that I didn't mean anything bad, but clearly Ross doesn't want anything to do with me. He probably never will. My face burns and aches in pain but my heart aches harder. I want to cry but I stop myself and just walk over to the couch and sit down. I'm not leaving until I get to explain my mistakes to Roy.

ROY'S POV

I hear a loud hitting noise. It sounds like a slap, or someone dropped something plastic. I hear dead silence for a second, followed by someone walking up the stairs. It was Ross. He looked like he was about to cry. I shouldn't have run away. I should've just admitted I was a ftm right then and there. I clearly caused this by being scared. "What.. what happened?" I asked worriedly. I didn't want anything to have happened. I wanted Ross to say he just poked his eye, but I'm not that lucky. "I- I made a mistake." Ross admitted. "I was so mad at him for... for asking you that stupid question... I slapped him. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to!! I'm causing more fucking drama and I just wish none of this bullshit never happened! If he had never snooped or asked, you wouldn't be shivering, I wouldn't have slapped him or anything." Ross let out. Ross... Ross slapped him? Ross somehow got that angry? I've barely seen him raise his voice at anybody.

1111 Words