Panicking- Chapter 25

Warnings: Panic attack, VERY BAD CHILD ABUSE, child neglect, favoritism, yelling, alcohol abuse, etc (YOU GET IT BY NOW IT'S JUST GONNA BE FUCKING DEPRESSING-)

ROY'S POV

I sighed as I reached into my pocket, feeling for the small object I was goaled to find. I felt something small and plastic on my finger, and I grabbed it gently, feeling the rough surface on my skin as I pulled it out. I looked at it for a minute. "Roy? What.. what do you have?" Ross asked, fear clear in his voice. "W- when I found my uncle's dead body with my mom.. I-I found something else." I choked out, holding up the object. He gasped, his hand going to grasp something on his chest he then realized was missing. I was holding a pin, covered in blood. I had found it near the shattered glasses on the ground, and though it was covered in dried blood, it was still recognizable as Ross's. His eyes lit up in pure regret and fear. He started to hyperventilate, and bury his head deep into his arms as they draped across his knees. I felt my eyes water. Ross had done this. Ross. My boyfriend. Him. His reaction confirmed it. And I suspected Robert had been involved as well. "Ross.." I started. His hands left his legs and clutched his head through his beanie as he continued to take quick shaky breaths. He was basically choking on the air around him. "RoY- I- I-" He tried to say something, his voice cracking as he struggled to properly breathe. "Ross." I said again. "Wh- wha-T?" He managed. "I- I don't exactly know how to take this. But I'm not going to turn you into the police. You're damn lucky I found this before the cops did. I love you, and we can't sort this out here, like this." I said. Ross was still shaking as if he didn't hear me. "I.. I'm a mUrdereR.." Ross stated, his voice shaky as he gasped weakly for air. "Ross.. take deep breaths." I said calmly.

ROBERT'S POV

Still fucking nothing. I heard a crash outside my room. I let out a small gasp as the noise startled me, and then quickly clambered to put away my phone incase my mom came in to yell at me for some stupid reason. My door was whisked open before I could even put it down, or better yet think of where I could put it. "ROBERT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THAT DAMN DEVICE?" I heard my mom yell from the doorway. "Plugging it in, ma'am." I lied, not making eye contact. "Then why the hell is it unlocked? AND FOR THE LORD'S SAKE, LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU SPEAK TO ME MISTER." She said loudly. "Sorry.." I said, locking the phone and setting it in one of my drawers. "I should've never bought you that damn device. You are addicted to it!" She said in an angered tone. "And you are addicted to alcohol." I said under my breath. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" She screamed, holding up her half empty bottle of.. whatever it was, threateningly. "I- nothing ma'am!" I said loudly, instantly regretting my thoughts. "LIES! YOU ALWAYS LIE!!" She yelled. Anger seemed to burn in her eyes, her nose scrunched in furiosity as she glared at me. She raised the bottle higher, throwing it directly at me. I barely had time to register what was going on. I flinched away and I felt it smash against the back of my head. Something flashed my eyes, a memory or thought. I felt blood gently ooze into my fluffy hair, staining the color a dark brown. It wasn't too bad, but it hurt like fuck. Little chips of glass lodged into my skin. I pulled a few out, wincing in pain. I wiped the back of my head off. The glass had reopened another wound on my neck from last week.

ROSS'S POV

I was still struggling to breathe. ROY KNEW. HE FUCKING KNEW. HE HAS KNOWN. The words screamed at me. They told me to get up and run again. My stomach turns in anxiety, making me feel sick. I feel hot to the face, and.. just horrible. But I didn't try to escape. Roy still sat next to me, tears glistened in his eyes but stubbornly refused to fall. This Roy.. Roy from 2/3 months ago. He's been just so different. Caring. Sweet. He thinks first. And I know he's trying to make me feel better. A knot, or a hole rather sits in the pit of my stomach. "Roy." I say without gasping for once. "Yes?" He asked, eyes gleaming with a bit of hopefulness. "How will anybody ever forgive me. How can you forgive me?" I asked. The hopefulness darkened. "I- I don't know. But I hated my uncle. I should've killed him first." He confessed. "I love you Ross. Don't forget that. And so does Robert. He.. I can't say he doesn't care about whatever happened exactly between you two, but the fact is we care about you. And.. I'm just tired of us getting distanced by this damn bullshit with my uncle." Roy said. My mind screamed at me to ask why. Why. Why. HOW? How in the world could Roy even consider being this nice to me!? "You- you don't forgive me!" I said loudly. "Neither of you care. You can't- not- not after what I did!" I cried, backing up as I stood. "Ross- hold on. Please listen! We do c-" "No!! You don't. Everybody's forgiven me so easily. It- it's not possible. Robert can't forgive me. I reminded him of his goddamn family! I didn't even fucking know he had family issues in the fucking first place! He didn't trust me! He never will. I DRAGGED HIM INTO THAT! I MADE HIM WAIT AND WATCH AS I FUCKING DID THAT!" I yelled. "F- family issues..?" Roy asked, his expression darkening. I realized with a crack to my heart that I had just revealed what Robert told me slightly. "No- I mean- I didn't- he didn't say-" I tried to cover it up. But I knew I couldn't. And I couldn't just go home. Roy was staying there. "I- I JUST NEED SOME TIME OK?" I yelled, pulling my beanie over more of my face as I backed farther, bumping into the tree awkwardly. I felt hot tears stream down my face. My breathing got unsteady again.