Injury- Chapter 13

(DESCRIPTION OF BLOOD AND INJURY)

ROBERT'S POV

For once I'm the first to wake up. I sit up and see Roy's arm hanging off the bed, holding Ross's hand. I then remember we were supposed to see if Ross had another Nightmare. I'll have to ask Roy about it when he wakes up. I checked the time, it was about 10:30 am.. I decided to get up carefully, not waking Ross, and head downstairs. I grab some cereal, and go into thought. I assume that Roy will be having us go home today or tomorrow, since he said "a few days." I eat my cereal pretty fast, and sit on the couch while I wait for them to get up. Time feels so slow when your bored.

ROSS'S POV

I wake up. I remember the start of another nightmare, louder than the last, and it suddenly stopping. I open my eyes, and come to realise that my hand is in Roy's. I blush pretty hard, and then I removed it slowly, to not wake him up. I rub my eyes. Robert is clearly already awake. Probably downstairs. I sit up and stretch. I proceed to stand up and go down to find Robert sitting on the couch staring into space. I don't bother him right away, he's clearly deep in thought. I wouldn't want him to get startled like I do. Robert was right. Everyone, including me, has been zoning out a lot recently. 

ROY'S POV

I finally awaken. It feels later than I'm used to. I look over. Robert and Ross have already gone down. My hand lays off the side of the bed, and I quickly remember why. I slightly blush at the thought, and I push the feeling away, and head downstairs. Robert is chatting with Ross on the couch. They have had a lot of.. tension and interaction recently. I notice I forgot my phone, and go back up to get it. I see I have a notification. From my mother. I click on the text and enter the passcode, revealing the text. "We'll be gone for another day and night. We are coming back the day after tomorrow." It read. Oh. Alright then! More time with Ross and Robert. I go back downstairs, much quicker with the happy news.

ROBERT'S POV

I hear Roy on the stairs and turn around. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." I joke. Roy is smiling, a real, happy, genuine smile. He blushes a slight bit at the comment, but quickly shakes it off. He goes back to his grin of delight. I give him a puzzled look, and he runs over to me and Ross. "You guys can stay until the day after tomorrow!" He says happily. I instantly smile back. "Ross did you hear that! We get to hangout longer!" I exclaim. "Yeah I did!" He answers, also smiling. We all share a moment of happiness before Roy says, "Did you guys eat breakfast already?" Ross nodded, still clearly feeling a bit off. I also nodded. "Cereal." I say, and point to the 2 empty bowls on the side table. 

ROSS'S POV

The head pain came back to haunt me again. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. I might have to take some kind of pain killer or some shit. Roy sits down at the kitchen table. I'm pretty sure he's ondering what he'll eat, or if he'll wait until lunch. It is almost 12 pm after all. Robert looks for a tv show on the Roku and scrolls for a while. Roy is still sitting there thinking, not focusing on the noise as Robert struggles to find something interesting to watch. I sit up and walk over to him. I start to say something as I walk over. "Hey Roy, we can wait til' lunch if you want-" I put my hand on his shoulder. He flinches, hard, and gives me a hard shove and I stumble back. I fall over, the push too suddenly, and I hit my head on the edge of the side table. Pain rang throughout my body as it hit the ground. I felt a sharp sting through the back of my neck. Roy was trembling though. I don't know why. I didn't think I had startled him that bad.

ROY'S POV

I was pondering if my uncle might tell my mom I wasn't there, and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I instantly thought back to "him". Those moments I could have prevented. The moments I still aren't brave enough to prevent today. I shoved back as hard as I could. I felt myself shivering. I hated thinking of him. His hands on MY body. I snap out of thought as I hear my name. "R- Roy?" it's Ross's voice. I turn around, still shaking. Robert is looking over at me, trying to help Ross, who looks really worried. I then realized who it was I really shoved. Ross was on the floor, head against the table. I saw BLOOD. He hit his head directly onto the wood. I cupped my hands over my mouth. If I wasn't shaking that bad before, I definitely was now. The sight made me feel sick.

ROBERT'S POV

This was the last thing I had been expecting. I just heard a loud bang, then a crash and a rattle as plastic bowls hit the floor. Ross was bleeding onto the table. The wood had splattered and puntered the lower back of his neck and he had slid downwards after crashing into the table. Roy just looked, hands over his face at what he had done. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. "Roy..?" Ross asked again. Roy looked like he was about to vomit. My stomach turned as Ross bled. It was worse than I thought. Red, glossy blood poured out of the stretched wound. It seemed to bleed more as the seconds passed. Ross looked at Roy in fear, and pain. Roy looked back. I looked on in confusion. I didn't know if I should grab a bandage, or not. Ross's neck had been sliced though. and a piece of fucking wood had somehow lodged it's way into his neck. More of his upper back. It was really bloody. Ross looked like he was about to cry. I would if I were him. Dead silence, besides the wince of pain from Ross every few seconds. For what felt like hours. Finally, Roy took a step to the side, and ran into the bathroom, as I held Ross, whose blood was oozing out directly onto me. The metallic smell filled the air soon after. 

(Also for those wondering, Ross's head hurts because of his crushes, obviously lol. I'm writing about these issues based on something I deal with my current crush. My head would slightly hurt around them, and hurt more if I got jealous of them! Just a quick explanation. I made it worse for Ross.)

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS FOR 450 READS HOLY SHIT

1162 Words