14. SEVEN YEARS

Seven years later...

Just how fast the night changes, sabi nga ng One Direction. Five years ago, I got promoted as the Co-Head of Amore Clinic. A year after that, Dr. Chavez left me and Dr. Philip Santos to be the Head of the Clinic. Dr. Chavez is now managing Amore Clinic brach in Australia. Amore Clinic became more popular and successful.

But then, my heart isn't successful as me. Years ago when I finally accepted to myself that Brent will never go back to ask for my hand again. Nakakatawa nga dati kasi ang sabi niya, pagbalik niya papakasalan niya agad ako. That was a lie.

I stop following his Instagram account to not get an update about his life. I don't want to know how he's doing because me, myself know he's actually doing fine with the love of his life. And I should be happy for that.
Hi because me, myself know he's actually doing fine with the love of his life. And I should be happy for that.

Madalas noon, kinukwestyon ko ang sarili ko. Kung naging handa ba ako bago siya umalis, akin parin kaya siya ngayon?

And that's the most painful question that I cannot tend to answer. The moment I unfollow Brent's account, I disconnected myself from his cousins too. Sina Deo at Timothy, wala na rin akong balita kung ano ng nangyari sa kanila. I cut my connection to those people who are connected to him.

His cousin, his varsity teammates in Venrie, his friends outside school who knew about us. All of them. I start living my life with peace. Acel became a popular film Director in town and I am so happy for her because that's what she deserves. While Wyatt and Dr. Rhys Ferrell got married at Los Angeles 3 years ago.

And the most wonderful and special woman in my life also left the world. One of the thing she left was the frame she compromised before Brent flew away.

Our photo in front of the altar while we're all wearing red. I feel so guilty when she passed away because I wasn't there. I never did notice her visiting a Hospital for her monthly cheek up.

She had a breast cancer.

Everything happens for a reason. And those worst times of my life became a lesson and a motivation for me to stand on my own. To be a strong and independent woman. My faith in HIM became more powerful. 

"Congratulitions Dra. Vivaldi,"

I smiled widely to the line up of Doctors in the hallway. They congratulate me, one by one.

Seven years.

Seven years before I became the most successful woman in our city. I pursue my dream career. I am now living my dream life.

Success. Peace. No financial problems. Free. And lastly, Happy.

I am Dra./Dentist. Shannel Angelique Vivaldi. At 26, I became successful.

"Doc! BGC mamaya, celebration!" Philip, my co-head in this clinic.

"Okay. G!"I responded.

I put my hands in my pocket and walk back to my office with a big smile on my lips. My smile slowly faded when I saw a 5 years old little boy crying while sitting on my office's bleachers.

"Hi,"I  kneel down to see his face.

He was crying big time.

"Where's your parents? Do you have someone with you?"I gently ask while caressing its hand.

He look up me. Cute.

He pointed the front desk just a meter away from my office. I saw a tall man, with broad shoulders and muscle, with clean haircut, putting his hand on his pants pocket while talking to one of my assistant.