EPILOGUE

Birthday: November 19 1996
Death: June 26 2023

Hindi lahat sa buhay nakukuha natin. Hindi lahat ng hinihiling natin mapapa-saatin. At hindi lahat ng mahal natin sa buhay ay matagal na mananatili para sa atin. Akala ko dati kapag naging Denstista na ako magiging maayos na lahat. Pwede ko ng aminin kay Brent na gusto ko rin siya at pwede ng maging kami. Pero hindi sa lahat ng oras, sumasang-ayon ang tadhana.

That was my goal, to be a successful woman and to be successful for love with him. However even though two people are destined for each other, it will imposible to continue happily while the other one is suffering. So in order to that...we can be happy without knowing for only how many hours and time.

Brent's death scared me the most. I was scared that I wouldn't eat, I couldn't move due to miserable living without him. He has been part of my life, not just half but almost fully of it. It's scary having someone back but continuing without them on the other day in all of a sudden.

It's scary how time flies so fast. It's scary how destiny's been selfish for our love. Before Brent's death, I thought I've got myself ready for it. That I've already practiced and be used not having him around. But a very precious and joyful man like him cannot be easily forgotten.

"It's been a year love..."

I clean the side of his graveyard and put the flowers I brought down. I slowly sat on the grass and look upon the sky. The sky is blue and peaceful, and I hope you feel the same up there.

No more pain and struggle for you, mahal ko. No more operations and every day check-ups.

It's really hard not having you here. It's really hard being dependent with you from the start that until now...there's still part of me that cannot accept your death.

Magkasama na kayo ni Mama dyan.

I bit you met already, siguro nga nagkukwentuhan na kayo at pinag-uusapan ako dyan sa taas. Make sure that I'm good with your words huh?

I'll forever love and miss you Brent. Even though the promise of going back to the places we've gone before together didn't happen, I know that when I go back there...your soul and heart will be with me. I know that at the passenger seat while I drive, you were there sitting. I know that at the bed when I'm lonely, you were hugging me. I know that your presence will always be around Brent.

And I wish it will never leave me.

I still remember when I visited your condo and sang myself on a karaoke like what we used to do...I know the second voice after me was you. I know that you are still with me. I know that you still help me silently with my hard battles. And I thank you for that. Even though you left this world early, your memory will always be within me.

When we meet at heaven someday...gawin natin ang naudlot na kasal ah?

I will be the happiest woman when that happen. I know that I was left alone because I have a long way ahead of me. And I hope in your heart, you still feel that this journey of mine is still with you. This would hadn't happened without you being supportive ever since High School.

I deep a sigh and fix myself as I stood up. I prayed for him for a while before I finally bid a temporary goodbye.

"Be happy up there, guide me from above. I love you so much." I walk away after felt that someone hugged me.

It was him. It was my one and only.

"Dra, may bisita po kayo. Nasa labas ng opisina ninyo."one of my co-Dentist told me.

I nodded lightly and went outside. A big smile surpass my lips after I saw Annie and Tita Brianna. They hug me so I. Pinapasok ko sila sa opisina ko at nagkaroon kami ng maikling kuwentuhan.