As they asked through a dark, narrow tunnel, brightness began to shine and Eustace asked, "Is that a patch of light?"

"No, it's the end," Puddleglum replied.

"It's not rock, it's earth," Rilian told the others. "We can dig our way through."

"Not that there's anything to dig to," Jill shot back. Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Is it daylight?" She began walking towards patch the light.

"Let's at least have a look," Eustace suggested as he followed Jill.

Jill climbed up and squinted in the light as she emerged from below. She was pulled up.

Eustace's eyes widened. "Something might have happened." He darted off to assist his friend.

Puddleglum shook his head and muttered, "Oh, that's bad. That's very bad."

Eustace was pulled up and looked around to see centaurs. "It's Narnians!"

Cara instantly climbed out and was pulled up. The centaurs bowed and said, "Your Highness."

Puddleglum was pulled out next and a Narnian exclaimed, "It's a Marsh-wiggle!"

Another Narnian said, "A Marsh-wiggle! It's Puddleglum! It's really Princess Cara!"

One young centaur walked up to Cara and smiled. "We've missed you."

Cara returned the young centaur's smile. "I've missed you all as well."

As soon as Rilian was pulled out, a Narnian said, "It's the Prince."

An older centaur smirked widely before saying, "It is Prince Rilian!" He clapped his hands once and the Narnians cheered.

Rilian looked around before saying, "I am home."

Eustace instantly threw his arms around Rilian's waist. The Prince chuckled and hugged the boy back.

Rilian let Eustace go and turned to Cara. "Thank you."

Cara smiled and hugged him.

They made their way back near the castle and Rilian and Cara stepped away from the others.

"T-whoo!" Glimfeather called, causing Jill, Eustace and Puddleglum to look at him.

"Glimfeather!" Jill called.

"T-whoo! I've news for you. You are to join Prince Rilian and Princess Cara. They have gone to Cair Paravel to meet his father, her brother, the old king, whose ship arrives today. Uh, what-a to do!" He lifted his wings and lowered them. "Toodle-oo!" He waved and left.

Puddleglum stood before saying, "Well, mates, off you go."

Jill and Eustace also stood. The former of the two children walked behind the Marsh-wiggle and said, "Goodbye, Puddleglum." She moved to his left. "Sorry I ever called you a wet blanket."

"So am I," Eustace told him. "You've been the best friend in the world."

Jill gave a single nod. "I hope we meet again."

"Not much of a chance of that," Puddleglum replied. "I don't think I'll ever see my old wigwam again either." Eustace smiled and crossed his arms. "I'm sure there've been floods and attacks by dragons while I'be been away." He pressed his lips together and made a popping sound. "Such is life."

"You're a regular old humbug," Jill said. "You're always as miserable as a funeral. But I believe you're perfectly happy."

"And he says he's afraid of everything," Eustace added, causing Puddleglum to turn to him, "when really he's as brave as a lion."

Jill stood on her tiptoes and pressed a kiss to Puddleglum's cheek.

The children walked away and stopped in front of the old centaur.

Puddleglum waved and said loudly, "Goodbye!"

Jill and Eustace rode on the old centaur's back to Cair Paravel to meet with the royals.

Caspian was laying down while Rilian and Cara stood next to him. Rilian kissed his father's hand. Cara placed a gentle hand to his forehead. Narnians were gathered around.

Jill and Eustace arrived and were helped down. They walked through the crowd and stood at the front. Eustace wiped away a tear.

A brief fanfare was played and Trumpkin said, "Homage to Rilian. King of Narnia."

"Hail Prince Rilian!" the Narnians, Eustace and Jill cried,

Cara smiled at her nephew and placed a hand on his shoulder.

She smiled softly and said quietly, "I can't wait to tell you of all these adventures, Ed."