Chapter 1: In Love Maze

TW 🚩 This book contains content intended for mature audiences, including:-Not a traditional fanfic - No Y/N moments-Written in the style of a novel and includes original characters.-Mature language/cursing-Sex and sexual situations -Romanticism -Angst-Plot-driven

🦋

"Hmmm, wait, did I walk too far?" the sound of my voice echoes down the empty hallway.

Stopping to take a look at the map in my hand that Hana, the sweet Human Resources woman, gave me during the first day of my orientation yesterday. I try and get my bearings.

"Wait, do I have this map upside down?" I turn the map around and look at it from a new angle. It's a simple floor plan to help me try and find my way around, and yet I seem to have confused myself.

"Hmm," I look out a plate glass window and identify the busy street below. "Okay, if I turn myself this way...and I have my back to the side of the building with the main entrance...." I say out loud as I work out the logistics. "...and I'm on this floor, then maybe I need to take a right down here..." I push my glasses up the bridge of my nose while looking at the map intently.

Glancing up at the conference room in front of me, I notice a plaque affixed to the wall next to its door. "Room 823...wait, what? I definitely walked too far. Fuck me! How am I this lost?"

"It's really confusing at first," a voice giggles from behind me. I blush when I realize I have been so intent on figuring out where I am in this enormous building, that I didn't hear anyone approach. "Where are you trying to go?"

"Oh my gosh, please excuse me!" Blushing furiously, I want to sink into the floor and disappear immediately when I recognize the voice belongs to Jimin. He's grinning at me, shoulders visibly shaking while he tries to hold in his laughter so as not to further embarrass me.

Forcing myself to refrain from gasping audibly as my eyes wander over his face is difficult. The photographs I've seen, and all the makeup and glitz, actually don't do this man justice. Barefaced, hair fluffy, standing before me, he's somehow simultaneously handsome and pretty at the same time, and it takes me a moment to regain my composure as he rakes his fingertips through his hair.

"It's okay, we can help you," another familiar voice cuts in. A voice so deep and tranquil that it wakes me out of my trance. "I'm Tae, we'd be happy to help you find your way," he smiles; his chocolatey brown eyes peer into mine with a mix of curiosity and a hint of mischief. He stands before me with lovely, honey-kissed skin peeking out from below a black t-shirt; subtle curls have been set into his hair that gives it just enough volume to make him look effortlessly sexy, like he just rolled out of bed looking flawless.

The blush blooms in my chest, and I'm sure they can see it rise up my skin until it settles across my cheeks, but I can do nothing but stand there and face my reality; there is nowhere to hide.

"I'm so embarrassed. I just started yesterday, and my HR woman, Hana, met me at the door and led me to our training room..." I begin, trying to keep from sounding nervous and overwhelmed. "Apparently, I can't find my way out of a paper bag! I'm trying to find her on my own today...and well...here we are..." I laugh at myself as I wave my hand around, exasperated.

"Hana's one of our close friends. We can bring you to her. Come on," Jimin smiles. "This way," he coaxes as he heads in the direction I originally came from.

I start following him and Tae as they lead the way, "You've got to be kidding me! This is the direction I came from originally! I'm more lost than I thought!"

Jimin chuckles, "You're fine; it happens to everyone. What's your name, by the way? I'm Jimin."

I try not to laugh at the thought that anyone working here would not know who he is, but I understand he is being polite. "I'm Yeona. It's very nice to meet you both."