Chapter 21: What am I to You?

Yeona's POV 🦋

A knock comes on the door, and I open it to find Lily walking in with a bag of food and Yoongi and Jimin following behind, carrying boxes of supplies.

"Oh, Lily, you are doing so much," I sigh, feeling awkward and grateful all at the same time.

Come to find out, Lily bought her apartment before she moved in with Yoongi to have as an investment property. She has insisted that Blossom and I move in, claiming it will be good for us as she needs someone to care for it anyway, but it weighs heavily on my heart not having an income right now.

"Nonsense, I'm so happy you two will be living here. This is perfect and safe, and you can learn how to breathe again," Lily says quietly.

"Hello, Miss Blossom, it's so nice to meet you," I hear Jimin saying.

"Ohhhhh!" she squeals. "Chimmy....Chimmmmmyyyyy!" running to get her doll, she runs up to Jimin and shows him, and he is as soft and lovely as I knew he would be. He immediately sat down on the floor with her to play, Yoongi joining right in.

"I think your daughter has stolen Yoongi's heart right out from under me," Lily chuckles as we walk over to the counter in the small studio apartment and start putting things away.

"But what if I want to be Chimmy?" Yoongi pouts playfully at Blossom as she asks Jimin to be the voice of her beloved doll.

"Do you not want to be my Meow-Meow anymore?" Blossom asks sadly, her eyes wide and lower lip beginning to tremble.

"What? Oh, of course, I do. MEOW!" Yoongi backtracks immediately, trying to rectify the situation, and Jimin bursts out in an uncontrollable giggle.

"I think you may be right," I chuckle under my breath to Lily.

"So, I have another proposal," Lily says. "At work, Ari is currently swamped with admin tasks, paperwork, and general things eating into her time. How would you feel about working part-time from home for Rogue Records? It will allow you to stay here with Blossom while we figure things out, and you can still earn some income. I know it isn't your dream job, but you can work whenever you can fit it into your day. We have a laptop you can use, and it would be a win-win for all of us. You don't have to work for us forever, but at least it would be a good fit for right now."

"You can't keep helping me this way?" I sigh.

"Yes, I can, and I will. That's what I do! It makes me feel alive. Are you really going to deny me?" Lily says dramatically as she throws her hand over her forehead and although it is funny, it also puts a little pang in my stomach because it reminds me of the way Tae and I always pretend together.

"How is he, Lily?" I finally ask.

"Hurt. Confused. Heartbroken...." Lily breathes out quietly. "Basically the same as you...."

I blush. She's right. "I had to save him from me," I whisper while fighting back the urge to cry.

"And this is why I'm also asking you to start seeing a therapist once a week. Ari gave me a great referral, and I already have someone set up that you can see remotely. We have to start reversing all the negativity your mother embedded in you," Lily says softly.

"I don't think I can do that. I'm not ready to talk," the nervousness growing in my stomach. It may sound crazy to some, but I've never truly admitted to myself what was happening at home. I just kept trying to get through day to day; thinking about having to face it head-on terrifies me.

"You have to do it for Blossom too. She needs you to be the best version of you, and if you keep trying to drink from an empty cup, it's not going to benefit either of you."