Chapter 12: Sky High, Sky Fly

Yeona's POV 🦋

"Mother, this would be good for my career. I know it's asking a lot to have you take over all my duties for a few days," I begin. I quickly pivot to make it sound like I'm unhappy with the thought of leaving. "I don't even want to leave the country, but I think it would be a serious career misstep if I do not take this opportunity."

"I'm supposed to just pick up your slack while you go gallivanting around the world with a bunch of rich people?" she huffs.

"I know it is a lot to ask...." I say, trying to figure out how to convince her, and then it hits me. "...but this could possibly be the first step to push me into a better position at the company, and that could result in a bump up in my salary eventually. Maybe I could finally earn enough to buy a new washing machine for you..."

Holding my breath, I wait for her reply. I'm trying everything I can think of a way to twist the situation to make it about her somehow. "True, it's on its last legs, and with all the extra laundry you produce, it might be a good idea if you pay for a new one. It's the least you could do."

I nod in agreement feeding into her need to project dominance. I roll my eyes inwardly at her insult.

"Alright, but I hope this isn't going to become a habit. You need to hold up your end of the bargain and pull your weight around here, and don't you forget it..." she grumbles as she shuffles away.

"Remember, Yeona, the world doesn't revolve around you and your selfishness," she calls out as she disappears down the hallway.

I sigh as I quietly pad to my room and settle into my bedroll, pulling the blanket up around me, trying to calm my nerves. I'm terrified to travel, but I'm also excited. My heart is here in Korea; everything I love is here; I'm really not sure I should be taking this trip, but I know in my heart I need to do this. Inhaling deeply, I try and calm my nerves.

Please, universe, send me a sign I'm making the right decision.

💜

Namjoon's POV 🪴

I grab my suitcase, and my girlfriend Ari and I head down to the parking garage at BH to meet Yeona and the team so we can pack up the vehicles bringing us to the airport.

The metal wheels affixed to my black suitcase make a clacking sound as they meet the concrete when we enter the garage.

"Yeona, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Ari," I say politely so they can make acquaintance.

Ari goes right in for a hug, "Oh Yeona, I work for Lily. She's told me how fantastic you are. I feel like I already know you!"

"How is it that everyone I meet that is connected to Lily is so kind!" Yeona blushes.

"She has exquisite taste," Ari winks. "Now, please, while you are gone, make sure one of the staff keeps an eye on my Namjoon's passport. The man is always deeply thinking about writing and producing music, and he misplaces things," she giggles as she squeezes his arm.

"I'll try my best!" Yeona chuckles.

"Namjoon, we need to do a 'once over,' please," a staff member says, and I nod in agreement.

One of the stylists primps me one more time, checking the fit on my Bottega Veneta look. We've already arranged for me to walk with my security detail through the main part of the airport so we get photos taken by the paparazzi, which is part of my deal as a brand ambassador. We purposely let the public know I'm flying when I want to be photographed; otherwise, people would be shocked at how quietly I can slip in and out of an airport. It's all part of the machine and a great marketing tool for brand deals or to promote upcoming projects. The rest of the staff will go through another entrance and be ushered onto the plane without being in sight of the photogs.