Chapter 14: Yeah, I'm Thirsty

Lily's POV 🌺

Tae, and I have been working on his album diligently, long hours at BH as well as my own studio. In all actuality, I'm not so sure this is even his album anymore. Our musical souls just combined, and it's been one of the most collaborative projects I've ever worked on. I haven't felt this inspired in as long as I can remember.

Tae and I wrapped for the day so he could attend some business meetings, and with Yoongi booked up for the day, I've arranged to have lunch with Hana, Jin, and Namjoon before I head back to Rogue for the afternoon.

As I settle down in the kitchenette, where my friends are waiting with take-out containers strewn across the table, I feel content to see everyone smiling and happy.

"Hello, my family; I've missed your faces," I chuckle as Namjoon pushes a container toward me.

"Of course, you missed my handsome face," Jin chuckles with an eye-roll at himself, and I appreciate that he still throws an ARMY joke my way occasionally.

"Oh here, we go," Hana giggles, and I love that she never tires of Jin's jokes. He gives her a playful nudge with his shoulder, which makes me joyful. I have watched the love between these two grow over the years, and it makes my heart sing.

"I sent a text to invite Yeona as well, but she has a shoot with some of TXT's members on one of the lower floors today," I offer as I gather some noodles up to devour.

"I took one of my breaks with her yesterday. I'm so proud of her; she has come so far in the last few months!" Hana adds.

"Her work is fantastic," Namjoon agrees, but I detect some uncertainty in his voice.

"What's the matter, Joon? Were you not satisfied with the work she did for you?" I ask curiously.

"It's not that at all; it's just...look, I know you and Hana have been spending a lot of time with her recently and welcomed her into our little group of friends...but are we sure we can trust her?" he replies thoughtfully, being careful with the words, which makes me take pause.

"Why would you say that, Joon? Yeona has the sweetest heart. She is one of the only women in the building that will even talk to me," Hana says with a slight frown.

"I'm so sorry you go through that, my love; you want me to fire everyone?" Jin asks and then places a soft kiss on Hana's knuckles to cement his devotion to her.

"Jin....don't be ridiculous," she smiles shyly, but I can tell she loves that he even said it, even though we know none of us can control how people treat Hana; all we can do is love and support her.

"Don't get me wrong. I think she is very nice and hard-working. Super talented! I just...umm...something weird happened, and I'm actually really worried about Tae's feelings," Namjoon continues.

"What do you mean 'funny'? She didn't hit on you during your trip, right?" Jin asks.

Namjoon practically spits out his water, "Oh my gosh, no!" Then Namjoon goes into detail, telling us all about her quietly coveting a note Tae gave her the entire length of the trip and how it was confusing when he overheard her telling someone else she loved them on the phone.

Hana and I immediately lock eyes, and it's right then and there that I realize we both must know some of Yeona's secrets. I cock an eyebrow at her, and she just barely nods at me as a thousand silent words pass between us.

"Wait a minute, I saw that," Jin says. "You ladies know something, Namjoon, and I don't?"

"We know all kinds of things you don't," I jest with him, and his eye-roll kicks in again, but a genuine grin is right behind it.