Chapter 9: Sunday Kind of Love

Tae's POV 🎺

"So, tell me what is going on with this blackmailing mother fucker that keeps making shit up about you online, Tae. You let me at them, and I'll throw hands," Lily says as we wind our way through the hallways at BH.

"Lil, you know I can't talk about it," I sigh.

"The fuck you can't! Seriously, haven't they tracked the IP address by now? I will hire someone myself if you need me to, Tae."

"Lil, I love you to death, but you can't always be there to protect all of us. You need to give it time," I utter. Lily has been through tough times herself; I really don't want her to have this weigh on her heart as well. I'm struggling enough on my own.

"Just know if you need me, I have your back," she huffs in the most adorable way, and it makes me chuckle at how loyal our Lily is to all of us.

As we walk along, I hear a sound that perks my ear up, "Wait a second," stopping. I cock my ear forward to listen. "Do you hear that?" I say excitedly.

"Absolutely, I do! Who in the world knows who Etta James is in this building besides you and me?" she asks.

Hearing the sultry voice of one of my favorite blues singers playing in the distance was the last thing I expected today. "I don't know! We have to find out, though!"

Eagerly I pull on Lily's hand as we try and get closer to the sound. Walking toward the music, it begins to get louder, and my heart is happy as I hear Etta's voice singing "Sunday Kind of Love." Finally, we are standing outside one of the studios we use exclusively for photoshoots.

We look at each other momentarily while the music feeds our souls. Lily is one of the only people besides my father who understands my love of this music. "I really need to know who is playing this!" I whisper.

"Kim Taehyung, if you don't grow a set and open this door, I'm going to do it for you!" Lily giggles as she nudges me, and it's so funny to see her revert to a petulant child.

"Shhhh," I giggle as I gently push the door open a bit so we can peek in.

"Oh my, well, this is a cute little plot twist....isn't it?" Lily says just above a whisper.

There in front of us is Yeona with one of our female trainee groups. The music is flowing, and she, along with a staff member to help with lighting, are snapping pictures. "Eun-Ji must have put her on another photography project," I utter.

"That's right, ladies, this here is the incomparable Etta James, and she wants a love that's going to last –not any of these partners that don't put in the effort. Not these people that leave us on "read." Not someone that is going to ghost us. No, we want someone who isn't afraid to love with their whole self!" Yeona calls out. "Now look at the camera and show me with your eyes you know your worth!"

"Holly shit," I whisper.

"That's it. I'm signing the adoption papers immediately," Lily giggles quietly. "We are keeping her."

"Yeona, do you listen to this kind of music often? I thought you'd listen to K-Pop since you work here?" one of the young trainees asks shyly as Yeona crouches down and takes some shots from down on one knee.

"Ladies, everyone here is super talented, but you have to broaden your horizons! There is a whole world of music out there, old and new. I love jazz and the blues, K-Pop, rock, and Indie - I love it all actually, but my heart beats the quickest for jazz and blues. Think of it this way, the more you know about music and its origins, the more inspired you will become. I promise you, it will only help you in your careers, no matter what genre you create yourselves," Yeona explains.