New Year's Surprise

Authors Note: Anya is 18 years old and Damian is 19 years old.

-

Anya's POV:
My boyfriend of 2 years texted me to meet him behind Library 2 at Eden Academy - I didn't understand why, since it's new year's day and dark out.

Slipping on my Imperial Scholar cape, I exited the dorms and caught sight of my beloved boyfriend under the dim lamp-post. Running up to him, I yelled "Damian!", while being welcomed into his loving embrace. "Anya, there you are!" He smiled, stroking my head like a kitten. After a few seconds of silence in his arms, I spoke out curiously "So, why did you call me out here?"
Damian's faced flushed bright red, his fingers fiddling eachother with nerve. Avoiding my gaze, he hesistantly said "I-I want to take you out to dinner. That okay?" HE WANTS TO WHAT?! My eyes lit up with stars, a pink blush forming on my face. "I'd love to, Damian!" Damian's face turned back to mine in relief. "Well we shouldn't waste time. Shall we?" Entwining his hand with mine, we walked out of the campus towards a Michelin-star restaurant, owned by the Desmond family.

Damian's POV:
Walking hand-in-hand into one of my family's personal restaurants, me and my girlfriend were welcomed by the waiter. "Good evening, Lord Damian. Table for two?" I nodded as we were led onto a balcony, with a candle-lit table and two glasses of red wine, under a dark blue, star-lit sky.

"Damian, the sky is so beautiful!" Anya smiled brightly - a sensation of butterflies fluttered in my stomach. She's way more beautiful than the sky. There's no doubt about that.

I continuously check my watch after every minute, just to keep track until midnight. 30 minutes. After ordering and eating our food, we had some idle chit-chat, my heart beating louder and louder after every second. Why am I so scared?! Man up, Damian!

10 minutes. I glanced at my watch, taking a massive gulp of my red wine.

1 minute. "Lord Damian, I shall take your plates." The waiter said, secretly slipping a red velvet box next to my seat. "Thank you." Anya bowed slightly at the waiter. The waiter winked at me, as a good luck message and left.
30 seconds. "A-Anya..." I caught her attention, making her emerald eyes look at me in anticipation.

"Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my girlfriend. I know I'm not the best at expressing my feelings, but I promise, I'm trying my best. No gift could ever repay your love and generosity to me, b-but I wanted to give this to you to commemarate our relationship so far."

Standing up from my chair, I picked up the velvet box while holding my hand out for my beautiful girlfriend to stand with me, under the sparkling sky.

ANYA'S POV:
He opens the box, revealing a rose-pink diamond ring, which twinkled under the moonlight. "It matches your hair." Damian smiled, hovering the ring box in front of my hands. Slipping the exquisite gift onto my finger, I cupped Damian's face into my hands, smashing our lips together.

A feeling of euphoria rushes over me, as the stary skies are filled with beautiful explosions of fireworks. My lips pressed onto Damian's softly, fitting perfectly like a puzzle piece. I run my hands through his silky hair, pulling him closer so that our bodies are practically glued together. God, aren't I so lucky. His tongue softly brushes to my bottom lip, as I allow his tongue to be entanged with mine. Fighting for dominance, but obviously losing, Damian places one of his hands on my waist, cupping my cheek and pulling my face closer to his, with his other hand.

Parting our mouths, a string of saliva attatched to our swolen lips, we panted heavily for air - not a second taken off of his chestnut brown eyes. I smiled warmly and engulfed Damian in my arms, his warm embrace melting my body onto his. "Happy new year, Damian. I love you." I bury my face into his neck, inhaling his sweet scent of vanilla.

"I love you too, my Anya."