Sports Day

Author's Note: Anya is 16 years old and Damian is 17 years old.

Thank you for 1k reads on my first oneshot!

-

No One's POV:
It was the last day of the school year. The sun was shining as summer was right around the corner. But before the holidays began, you had to get through the day everyone had been waiting for...

Sports day.

The day where every class competes head to head. The winning class gets a Stella per student.

Damian's POV:
"Lord Damian, everyone knows you'll get us the Stella!" Emile grins.

I roll my eyes, focusing my gaze on Anya. Her hair looks pretty with her hair up.

"Attention. To sign up for a sport, you have to fill out this sheet. I'll let you guys decide before picking."

"What will you be doing, Lord Damian?" Ewen asks,
"Relay, duh!" I smirk smuggly.
"Excellent choice. We won last year by your glorious victory!"

Anya's POV:
"I don't like sports! It makes you all sweaty and tired. Yuck!" Becky sticks out her tongue.

"Oh come on! You've done nothing in these PE lessons!" I roll my eyes.
"I'm going to do-"

"Anya!" Damian runs up to me, his minions following behind.
"O-oh Damian!" I stutter, blushing red.

Everyone knows I have a crush on him, and he possibly likes me back.

"What are you doing for Sports Day?" He says, his small smile making my heart flutter. "I'm not sure..." I sigh.

"Do you want to do the 3-legged race with me?" He asks.

I look at Becky and she nods. She knows how much I want this.

I look back at Damian, "Sure, why not."
"Perfect." Damian winks at me, before returning to his desk.

I sit in my seat, blushing like a maniac. Did he just- "Girl he winked at you!" Becky squeals, her hands cupping my face.

"Okay class. Now that you've decided, you can come up to the sheet and write your names down for a sport you'd like to do."

Damian runs to the front, scribbling down his name. I decide to wait until everyone is done, to avoid the crowd.

After waiting a few minutes, I go to the paper, only to see my name next to Damian's under '3-Legged Race Applicants' - clearly in his handwriting.
I face Damian, meeting his smirk. I roll my eyes playfully.

*Time skip*

No One's POV:
Everyone is outside, sitting on the bright green grass. The sun is shining, making everyone quench their thirst with ice-cold water.

Some of the sports events have already taken place, apart from the 3-legged race.

"Last event is the 3-legged race. Runners take your place."

Anya's POV:
"You're up Anya!" Becky pats my back. I stand up and run onto my lane, meeting Damian. "You ready?" He says, kneeling down, tie-ing rope around our ankles. "Yeah." I say. The feeling of his bare, silky skin makes my stomach flutter with butterflies. He makes a knot with the rope, us now ready for the race.

"You know, I've never seen you run before." Damian looks down at me.
I smile, "Just try to keep up with me." I wink, as he scoffs. "Confident now, huh?"

"Runners take your places."

I take a deep breath and focus my gaze on the track ahead. We've got to win this.

"On your marks, get set, go!"

Me and Damian start bolting down the track, our legs moving like lightning. We move in syncronisation, the sound of our panting being the only thing we could hear.

I increase my speed, Damian try to keep up with me. We only have a few meters left. "Almost there!" I shout, breaking a sweat.

Breaking my focus, Damian entwines his fingers with mine.

"Let's win this."

I nod, as we start sprinring to the finish line, diving into the red ribbon waiting for us.

Landing on the track, I collapse in exhaustion, not realising I'm on top of Damian - our hands still connected.

"We did it." Damian says, cupping my face. I look into his eyes, flickering to his lips. Before you know it, our lips are glued together.

Everyone starts cheering as the other runners finally cross the finish line. We stay on top of eachother for a few seconds, before rolling down next to him. Our chests move up and down, desperate for air.

I look at him. He looks at me. A bright red flush plastered on our faces.

"So tell me,"

Damian brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What am I to you?"

I smile at his question, squeezing his hand tightly with mine.

"You're mine."