Dog Park

Author's POV: Anya is 21 years old and Damian is 22 years old.

-

Anya's POV:
"Come on, Bond! Time for a walk." I put a leash around my dog's neck, leaving my apartment once we were ready.

Leaving the apartment building, me and my fluffball walk around the streets of Ostania. The summer heat warms my skin, the wind blowing my hair into waves. Enjoying life, Bond barks viciously. "Hm, what is it?" I walk in front of Bond and pet his soft fur.
His eyes close in satisfaction, as I stand up again, and continue walking - Bond taking the lead.

Bond eventually takes me to a dog park. "You wanted to make new friends?" I smile, sitting on a bench.

I remove the leash as Bond runs freely around the green fields. He plays with the big dogs, scaring the little pups around him.

I notice he's enjoying his time with a large German Shepherd. I smile at the wholesome interaction, as I stand up to put Bond on the leash again, when all of a sudden, I see my childhood crush...

Damian Desmond.

He's hotter than before!

"Anya, is that you?!" He waves.
He remembers me after so long?
"Damian! Great to see you!" I wave back, approaching him, where his German Shepherd runs to his side. "I see Max has grown up too." I kneel to pet his dog. "He sure has!" He smiles,
"Anyways, how are you these days? I haven't seen you ever since our graduation!"

"Been great. Just me and Bond living together, isn't that right Bond?" Bond barks in response, making me and Damian laugh. "That's amazing. You know what, why don't we eat at my place. You always said you loved my cooking; it's been a while since I cooked for my old best friend!"

My heart tenses at the word "old".

I regret losing touch after graduation.

"I'm down."

"Great! Follow me."

What have I got myself into?

I put the leash on Bond and follow Damian. We walk in silence, under a tense atmosphere. Breaking the silence, I ask him "So what have you been doing after grad?" He looks down at me,
"Nothing, really. My parents have been spending more time with me, I guess."
"That's wonderful!" I exclaim, he always wanted this. He nods in return, before making a stop in front of his house - or should I say mansion.

Damian takes his keys from his pocket and unlocks the door, revealing Mrs Desmond. "Anya! Long time no see!"
"Hi, Mrs Desmond." I smile at her,
"How've you been? Your mother told me you've moved out! You've grown up." She kneels to pet Bond, "So have you, handsome boy~!" Bond licks her hand, as a sign of affection. "I'm great, and you?"

"Doing well. What brings you here?"
Mrs Desmond asks. "Well, Max ended up bumping into Anya's dog, and here we are." Damian says, "I decided to cook her lunch."

"What a gentlemen you are."

Mrs Desmond kisses her son's cheek, making Damian blush in embarassment.

"Ma!"

Damian pouts; I giggle.

Cute.

"Anyways, let's go to the kitchen."

Damian's POV:
After cooking, I place the dishes on the dining table. I see Anya's eyes light up with joy. Gosh, I missed that face. "Dig in." I say, sitting across from her.

Without hesitation, she grabs her chopsticks and slurps the udon I made for her. She chews, while I wait for her feedback. Once swallowed, she smiles "This is delicious!"

I exhale, Thank God she likes it.
I smile back, digging into my food too. We eat in eachother's presence, enjoying this moment - our dogs playing outside in my back garden.

Once we finished eating, I cut the silence. "Hey Anya, I have something to tell you." I say. Her brows furrow,
"What is it?"

"You know how the rumour spread around when we were in Eden Academy..."

"Oh, that rumour where I liked you, vice versa?"

"Yeah,"

"What about it?"

"Well, I never had the guts to tell you..."

Here goes nothing.

"I liked you..."

Anya's eyes widen in shock,

"I-I did too..." She confesses, her eyes drawn towards her lap.

"And,"

I add on, making her look at me.

"I still like you now."

...

"What?"