Lucky Charm

Author's note: Anya is 16 years old and Damain is 17 years old.

-

Anya's POV:
Tomorrow is the volleyball tournament finals. I've had a crush on Damian, the libero of Eden College, since I was six, but I never had the guts to tell him.

Many rumours spreaded around of me and Damian liking eachother, since we were best friends. I hated denying it, knowing that I liked him but whenever I made eye contact with him, butterflies would flutter in my stomach.

"Damian, here's your water!" I toss him a bottle and a towel. "Thanks, Anya!" He flashes a smile, making me blush. His hair is messy and his cheeks are flushed - he look's so adorable!
"Oh, also..." I catch his attention, as I search through my bag. He stares at every action I do, making my hands shake nervously.

"Here it is!" I smile, revealing a pink and green-coloured bracelet. I delicately hand the charm to Damian. His face lights up at the small gift, as he puts it on excitedly. "I love it, Anya!"

Damian's POV:
It's been a day since Anya gave me the bracelet, and I haven't taken it off since then.

Today is the volleyball tournament finals, and since I'm the libero, the pressure is weighing onto me.

I get out of bed, take a shower and brush my teeth. Putting my bag over my shoulder, I ride my bike to the school for volleyball practice.
Stepping inside, I meet eyes with her... My childhood best friend...

My crush.

"Damian? Damian?" Anya waves her hand over my eyes, bringing me back to my senses. "O-oh, sorry..." I chuckle, embarrassed. She gives me a soft smile, sending butterflies to my stomach.

I take off my bag and put on my volleyball shoes. I stretch at the side of the court, next to Anya, while we talk.
"So, are you nervous?" She asks, while watching me stretch. I look up at her "Kind of. But not too much, since I know Eden will win." I say smuggly, as she laughs back. "How do you know if Eden will win?" I say.

"Because I have this."

Damian lifts up his arm, displaying the bracelet I made him.

"It's my lucky charm."

No One's POV:
The tournament finals were starting in 5 minutes. Eden College were warning up on the court. Damian was practicing his dives without the team, but with Anya serving volleyball for him to recieve.

"Again." Damian says, calling for more. "Got it!" Anya hits a volleyball; Damian recieves it perfectly.

After a few minutes of warming up, the whistle blows. The two teams face eachother. Then finally, the game begins.

Damian's POV:
It's the final set. One more point until we win. Just one more.

My body is weak. I feel like I'm going to pass out.

My body is drenched in sweat and exaustion, as I use my weak legs to hold myself from falling.

The ball flies towards me, as my eyes follow it.

Diving for it, I lay out my hand on the wooden floor, letting the ball bounce off the back of my hand.

"YES!" The stands scream, as the setter of Eden sets it to attack.

Unfortunately, the other team recieves it, and spike it past me.
My eyes follow the yellow ball, as I stand frozen in place.

What should I do?

Do I follow it?

Do I run for it?

Is there any poi-

"YOU GOT THIS, DAMIAN!!!"

Her voice...

Without hesitation, I leap backwards, twisting my body 180° and launch myself to the floor.

YOU GOT THIS DAMIAN! STRETCH!

I stretch my arms out, to feel a painful but sensational connection with the ball.

The ball flies to the air as the setter sets it to the wing, spiking it to the other team. The ball slaps the ground loudly.

WE DID IT. WE DID IT.

"WE DID IT!" Eden College scream to the top of our lungs, as Anya runs up to me from the courtside.

I get off the ground, spreading my arms open, only to be grabbed from my jersey and-

SHE'S KISSING ME.

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

IS THIS REAL?

My eyes widen as her lips are connected to mine, pefectly rested to eachother like 2 puzzle pieces.

Her eyes are closed. She's cupping my face with her soft, small hands. I grab her waist as we kiss amongst the cheering.

It feels like it's just me and her.

The spotlight is on us.

I wish this could last forever.

Just the both of us.

Finally.

She's mine...

And I'm hers.