Nurse's Office Pt.2

Author's Note: Anya is 17 years old and Damian is 18 years old.

-

Crash.

Damian's POV:
My fierce gaze softens as I see Anya collapse.

"ANYA!"

I pick her up bridal-style and run to the nurse's office, hugging her cold, pale body next to my warm chest.

Running into the nurse's office, I pan through the room. "Miss!" I call out to the nurse. She looks at my hands. "Oh goodness!" She rushes towards me with a thermometer in hand, and takes her temperature. "Her temperature is fine." She says. I sigh in relief and place her on the empty bed.
"So what happened?"

"I took Anya out of the lesson as I noticed she was in pain. I assume it was from her abdomen because she was hugging her torso while suffering in pain. I took her out of the class and that's when she fainted all of a sudden."

"I see." The nurse says as she grabs some tablets from her drawer. "I believe she must be on her period." That makes sense.

"Usually she'd be in a mood and not want to talk to others at this time of the month. I guess with the work overload, she can't keep focused due to cramps, leading her to be overwhelmed."

I look over to Anya, stroking her cheek with a thumb. You must be struggling so much, and I didn't notice it at all. I'm sorry.

"Well, I'm going to the reception to pick up an order. I'll be back; please take care of Anya."
I nod, while the door closes shut.

"Hey, Anya." I whisper, holding her cold hand, "I've been meaning to say this to you for the longest time, and I didn't know when to tell you..."

"I like you."

No response.

I chuckle to myself, knowing that she wouldn't hear a thing because she's sleeping. I stand up from the chair next to the bed and head to the sink-

"Stay."

I turn around to see her hand grasping onto mine.

"Anya..."

Did she hear everything I said?

"Stay with me... Please?"

I nod, sitting back down. We sit in silence for a few minutes. Please don't tell me she heard what I said! Gosh, this is embarassing! I start to feel awkward, until Anya breaks the silence.

"It's okay Damian. I heard what you said and..."

Her rosy lips tell me,

"I like you too."