Bullies

Author's Note: Anya is 6 years old and Damian is 7 years old.

Thank you guys for the support recently. I really appreciate it :)

-

Damian's POV:
"Isn't she so mean?!"
"Remember when she punched Damian on the first day."
"How immature."
"She has stubby legs!"

I heard those insults from afar, leaning back on my seat. I moved my gaze to Anya; she's talking with Becky. "Ignore them, Anya! They're just jealous!"

For some context, Anya got her first Stella. People thought she cheated her way into getting one, but Eden College isn't that stupid. "Her parents probably bribed the school into getting a Stella! What do you think, Damian?" A girl next to me said. I scoffed. Rolling my eyes, I walked out of the room.

A few hours later, it was time for lunch. I walked into the cafeteria, only to see a crowd of people in a circle. I walked over it to see Anya being towered over by a wall of people. "You cheater! That Stella badge is mine!" A boy yelled.

Before he could lay hands on her, I stopped in front of the boy. Sending piercing glares at him, I growled "Don't you dare lay a finger on MY Anya. Got that?"
"Oh please! What could you do? You can't fight - you're just a rich and spoilt 'daddy's boy'."

Cracking my knuckles, I launch my fist under his chin, sending him flying upwards. An 'Anya-style' knockout, I must say.

The bully lands with a great thump. I looked at Anya, seeing her curled up into a ball. Shit, she's overwhelmed.

"ALL OF YOU, GET LOST! NOW!"

Everyone ran away as I made sure no one stayed in the 10 meter radius from me and Anya. My eyes softened at the sight of Anya. Knneling down, I offered my hand. "C'mon, get up." Anya lifted her tear-filled eyes at me. "Are you deaf? I said get up." Eventually, Anya gave in and took my hand. We both walked out of the cafeteria. Anya walked away in silence, her speed pacing up. I quickly followed.

Suddenly, Anya stopped. She knows I'm following her. We stand behind the library, where Anya's father first met mine.

"Why?" Anya stood in her place - looking down at the floor. "What do you mean?"

"Why... Why did you help me?" I smiled, lifting her chin with my finger.

"It's because I like you."