I Can't Stand Him.

The bell rings, I grab my stuff and walk out of the classroom, pulling out my phone to text my mom, letting her know I'll be home a little late. Not wanting to go home just yet.

Letting my legs guide me, I ended up in front of the gym doors. I walk in, expecting it to be empty, I hear the squeaking of sneakers against a gym floor, it was nostalgic, but I look up and see there's a whole volleyball team there.

I freeze, the door slamming shut behind me, startling the boys and causing them to look towards me. I panic and try to leave, failing to get the door open. I hear footsteps approaching so I turn around to face them. A boy, about my height, with messy orange hair runs up to me.

"I'm Shoyo Hinata from class 1-1! What's your name and why're you here? Are you here to join the volleyball team?" His energy catches me off guard, he reminds me of a puppy. His excitement causing me to produce a small smile. I decide it's better if people only know my last name.

"Itsuki, class 1-4." I look away a bit embarrassed about not knowing a club uses this gym.

"You're in Tsukki's class? Wow. Wait, do you play volleyball? What position? Are you any good? Do you want to join the team?" His smile grows wider with every question. He throws so many questions at me that I have to pause and breathe for a second before answering them. I sidestep the question that has to do with Tsukishima and answer the rest of them.

"I did play volleyball, yes. I was the setter, but I could play any position. I don't think I'd be allowed in the club anyway." I back up a little, slightly intimidated by his energy.

One of his teammates walks up and puts a gentle hand on Hinata's shoulder, backing him up. I look up, noticing it was the guy who told Tsukishima to watch out. I get nervous, thinking for some reason that something was going to happen. I flinch as he rea he's his hand out. I grab his hand and shake it lightly, yet quickly before pulling my hand away.

"Hey Itsuki, I'm Daichi from class 3-4. You should really join our team, we could use the extra help around here." He smiles warmly. I nod, hesitantly accepting the offer. He excitedly goes off to find something, leaving me with a room of guys I don't know either at all or very little. While glancing around I see a certain blond haired telephone pole standing next to a familiar green haired boy with freckles. His presence scared me slightly, he was already looking at me. I accidentally make eye contact for a second and then look away. I zoned out, staring at the wall. I was scared, thinking about what could be happening.

I'm soon snapped out of my daze by a tall figure seemingly appearing out of nowhere in front of me. I jump back, not knowing where to go since I had been standing almost in a corner. I try to slip past him on one side, but he grabs my arm and shoves me against the wall, his right hand on the wall next to my head. I start shaking, my vision getting blurry as I try to think of a way to get out of this situation. But before I do anything, he speaks up.

"The one place I could get away from you, you decide to show up. What the hell is your problem you nitwit!?" He yells, tears start to drip down my face. All the pain and the events piled so high in my mind that I can't even hold it back anymore. Tsukishima puts his face only inches from mine, I could feel heat radiating off of him. He's been making fun of me all day, can't I just get a break from him pestering me? Today has been the worst day since I left my old school. I want this day to end so I could just go home and sleep

"How the hell was I supposed to know!? I wasn't expecting there to be anyone in here!" I shout, tears now flowing down my face. "It would probably be better if I didn't exist." I mutter the last part, hoping he didn't hear me.

"What did you say? I didn't catch that last part munchkin." He says, teasing me.

"Nothing you nosy telephone pole." I say, facing away from him, now feeling his warm breath on my neck. Even out of my peripheral vision I could tell he practically had smoke coming out of his ears. I pull the sleeve of my uniform over my hand and attempt to wipe my tears. He grabs my hand and uses his other hand that was on the wall to grab my chin and turn me to face him. He uses his thumb and wipes my face. His hand was warm, and a little rough, but also gentle. Going against my wishes, I pull away from his hand, my face flushing red.