Help

"Fine. Just this once shortcake. Help me with the damn cake," frustration can be heard in his voice, "please." He added, mumbling. I could barely hear the last word, but it was there just to the point I could hear it, which make me smirk.

"Alright, text me the time and place," I say simply, hiding my victory behind a smirk.

After we got all the items, I took the basket and bolted up to the counter, refusing to let him pay I quickly grab the money I brought with me and handed it to the cashier. Soon after, I feel a tall presence behind me, the lights in the ceiling caused there to be a long shadow cast over me. Knowing who it was, I didn't bother to turn around.

By the time the cashier was finished bagging the items, I grab them, handing the tall saltshaker his bag of ingredients bag and walking out the door.

"You can leave me now, I'm not too far from home, I'll be fine," my voice was monotone. I was exhausted, ready to go home and put the items away so I can go to bed.

"Nah, I'm staying with you. I'm going to make sure you eat, plus I was hoping we could bake the cake tonight or something." Even if we weren't arguing, I knew he wasn't going to give up, so I just let him stay.

Not long into our walk back to the house, I hear footsteps getting closer and closer behind us, I squeeze my eyes shut and nervously reach to grab anything within my reach and hold it close, tightening my grip around it. I bury my face in whatever it was I had grabbed.

I listen to the footsteps continue, keeping my grasp on whatever I was holding. It had a warm comforting smell, it smelled like strawberries, with somehow a slight mix of some sort of masculine smell, not like sweat, but if you were to be near a guy. I can't explain it.

The footsteps continue getting closer until I feel a large hand grasp my left shoulder, I yelp in surprise, my eyes shot open as I turned around, letting go of whatever I had a hold of.

I come face to face with a grown man that reeked of alcohol and weed. The hand that was once on my shoulder reaches down to my wrist and wraps around it, attempting to pull me closer to him.

I couldn't move, my body was frozen from fear. From behind, I feel an arm snake around my waist, the faint smell of strawberries overpowering the smell of alcohol and weed, the arm pulling me away from the man.

I look up to see Tsukishima, glaring at the man, pulling his hand off my wrist. He swiftly lifts me up like a small child and carries me away. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his jacket.

I whimper quietly, the fear finally clicking in my mind, tears slowly drip from my eyes. Tsukishima takes his free hand and starts using it to pat my head, calming me quickly, making me feel safe.

"You're going to want to at least see where we're going so you can give me directions on how to get to your house," I sniffle once more before lifting my head up and turning it in the direction we're going.

Once we make it to the front door of my house, he sets me down so I can go unlock the front door. I open it, taking a step back for him to enter first. He walks past me, entering through the door.

Walking in behind him, I shut it, locking it once again behind us before taking my shoes off and placing them neatly out of the way. I reach for the light switch and flick it on.

"You can go look around the house if you'd like, just give me a minute to put this stuff away. Feel free to use whatever you want," I say quietly.