He Scares Me

I shake my head, "nothing happened you nosy tree." I say, hoping he'll think that he saw something that wasn't there.

He grabs my hand, bandaging it tight enough to keep it from bleeding, but not enough to where it hurt. He sets the bandages down.

"Show me the rest. I know there's more. It's no use hiding them now." I shake my head and holding my skirt down with one hand, refusing to show him.

⚠️ S/h ⚠️
I look up to see his golden eyes locked with mine. He takes one of his hands and removes mine, grabbing the other hand with the same one. He used his other hand to push my skirt just above my cuts. His eyes widen when he sees my open wounds, along with many visible scars, many of them overlapping one another. He looks back up at me, making eye contact.
⚠️Angst over⚠️

"Why would you do this?" His eyes were filled with concern as they looked into mine. I break eye contact, looking down.

"It's none of your business, now please let go." I say, he lets go, grabbing the bandages again, lifting my leg up and wrapping the bandage over my upper thigh. Once he's done, he moves to the other leg and does the same. He finishes and pulls my skirt back down.

He then puts one hand on either side of my body, he puts his face only about an inch from mine, "now if you don't tell me what happened, you'll be stuck with me the whole day and I will not let you leave my sight for even a second." I couldn't move, I wasn't even going to try to form a sentence. My brain was like jello, unable to even form a coherent thought.

Tsukishima backs up, "fine, following you all day it is." I hop off the counter, making my way around him and walking out of the room, he follows, closing the door behind him. I pick up the pace hoping he won't follow me the whole day.

I walk into the class, Tsukishima close behind. I walk over to my seat and I sit down right as the bell rings.

During lunch, I grab my bag an dash out of the classroom, hoping he won't notice me. I run up a few flights of stairs, ending up on the roof. I go and sit down next to a bench. I lean my head against the small ledge, it being
just high enough to keep someone from falling off, and let out a sigh.

It seemed like I had lost him until a few minutes later he showed up. I look down, hoping he wouldn't see me and just leave. When I look back up, I see him towering over me.

"You know, there's a bench right next to you. You could've sat on that instead of the ground. Idiot." He moves to sit on the bench next to me.

"Why are you following me. Of all people to follow I'm the worst option." I look down and grab out my sketchbook and pencil again, I return to the flowers I was drawing earlier.

I suddenly feel a hand placed on the top of my head, "where's your food shortie? You should eat." I wonder why he's being so nice to me today? I can't find a reason why and it made me nervous.

"Not hungry," I replied. I lied to him, I was honestly really hungry, I hadn't eaten in almost two days. I continued what I was doing. He shoves an onigiri into my hand. I look at it confused. I try to hand it back to him, refusing to take anything from him.

"Just eat it, I have more. Plus, you look like you haven't eaten. You need to take care of yourself dumbass." He sounds annoyed.

I reluctantly take a small bite, my eyes go wide. I nibble at it for a bit before it's entirely gone. It was the best thing I've eaten in a while.

"That was really good, thank you." I mumble. Hoping he didn't catch what I said.

"It's not good for you to go that long without eating, you should take better care of yourself dumbass." He gently puts his hand on my head, ruffling my hair a little.

"Hey! God damn you Tsukishima!" I say, not meaning to call him by name. I panic.

"So you do know my name, huh midget?" He teases me. I put my stuff in my bag and walk off. I snatch his headphones that he had set beside him. I speed up, hoping he wouldn't be able to follow me.

I take the stairs on opposite sides either time so he wouldn't know where I would end up, the corridors we're almost empty since students were still on their lunch break.

He comes down the stairs I had to pass by to get to the other side of the building. He pushes me to the wall, once again leaning down and getting his face close to mine. I try to look for a way out, but any way out I could think of, he blocked.

I put his headphones behind my back, scared of how close his face is.

"Midget, give them back." He says sternly.

"What happens if I don't?" I challenge him, smiling.

"If you don't, well you'll see if you decide it's worth the risk." He smirks.

"You wouldn't dare do anything skyscraper." I say, thinking about what he could mean.

To my surprise, his lips crash into mine, they were soft and warm. He reaches his hand behind me and grabs his headphones. He pulls back.

Of all people to do that, I wouldn't have expected Tsukishima to do something like that. Out of anyone to kiss, I was certain it wouldn't this 5'4 girl, who was far from skinny, but not necessarily fat either, with bruises and scabs everywhere from her clumsiness. Dyed red hair, the black roots in sight, that just barely grazes her shoulders, half of it usually thrown up in a small ponytail with a few strands coming off the front. It's not even like my face makes up for my attitude problems. My face is round, with tanned skin, that is until winter hits, lips that weren't necessarily small, but certainly not big either, they were a light pink color. Sometimes busted up from me anxiously picking at them, or getting my face busted from running into or getting hit with something. Big emerald green puppy dog eyes, usually with nice, almost even, black eyeliner. Nobody would look at me twice, let alone want someone like me.

"Oh I won't, would I? What was that just then shortcake?" He turns around, walking away with his headphones in hand.