[B.B] Forgiveness

Summary」: Bucky and Tony have a conversation about the fact that the Winter Soldier killed Howard and Maria Stark. 

Warnings」: Violence, mental abuse, mention of murder, description of turning Bucky into the Winter Soldier, emotional

↠ non-canon which means Tony Stark survived the Snap with the Infinity Gauntlet!

「Requested by」: Not requested, but I included an OC created by PRIVAT3 .If you want to read more about the therapist Eden then go and check out her story "peace". Highly recommended! She is a freaking awesome writer and the way she portrays Bucky's traumata is just chef's kiss!

»»----- ♡ -----««

↠ December 16th 2023A loud knock could be heard on the door, but Bucky decided to ignore it

A loud knock could be heard on the door, but Bucky decided to ignore it. He had one of the toughest nights in months as he was forced to endure the same nightmare four times tonight.  Maybe it was because on this day 32 years ago the Winter Soldier murdered Howard and Maria Stark and Bucky had to watch him doing this all over again tonight.

He was looking through the Winter Soldier's eyes while his metal hand wrapped around the throat of Howard Stark. Bucky saw that Howard recognized him - even after all these years.

"Sergeant Barnes?" Howard had whispered with a mixture of fear, disbelief and confusion in his face. Those were his last words and they didn't mean anything to the Winter Soldier back then. But they meant everything to Bucky. When he realized he had killed a comrade or maybe he would even call Howard a friend after all they've been working together back in the 40s, Bucky's world had fallen apart. 

It took him years to finally accept the fact that he wasn't himself when he was the Winter Soldier. That James Bucky Barnes would never have killed all those people. He was basically a prisoner in his own body - his mind in a sleeping state so that he was not able to stop the soldier from his missions. All the brainwashing he had to endure while HYDRA turned him into "their most valuable asset" had worked, as the young man was mostly gone and the soldier took over his body. 

After the happenings in Siberia and his exile in Wakanda all the Avengers were suddenly facing a bigger threat: Thanos. So no matter if they had any rivalries left, if they didn't like each other or didn't trust each other, they needed to fight together to defeat the purple guy.

Now - two months after they finally won the second fight against Thanos - Bucky was living in an apartment in Brooklyn and tried to find a purpose in life again. Which wasn't easy as Steve had left him to go back in time and live his life with Peggy and so Bucky did not really had someone left. Well he had the birdman, but they did not get along pretty good as Sam was annoying the hell out of Bucky all the time. He couldn't understand why Sam thought that he was funny. Bucky just thought he was a pain in the ass.

Part of Bucky's pardon was also court mandated therapy and they managed to give him the worst possible therapist that New York City had to offer: Dr. Raynor.