[B.B.] Impatience (Part 2)

Summary」: Bucky comes back from a mission battered and bruised and although the serum helps him heal quickly, it still takes a few days until he's back on his own feet. Much to his dislike. Y/N tries everything to prevent him from hurting himself even further, but it's not easy to deal with the grumpy and impatient super solider.

Warnings」: Description of injuries, X-Rays, Hospitals, Hurt-Comfort, Grumpy!Bucky, Impatient!Bucky, Worried!Reader, Nurse!Reader

「Requested by」: /

»»----- ♡ -----««

You woke again in the middle of the night, the moon shining through the large window got reflected on the vibranium of your boyfriend's arm

You woke again in the middle of the night, the moon shining through the large window got reflected on the vibranium of your boyfriend's arm. He was sitting on the bed, his legs hanging off. He was quiet, didn't say a word, but you heard his slightly uneven breathing. He couldn't have a nightmare, Dr. Cho's medicine was too strong for that. Maybe he was in pain?

Your eyes were heavy and you were still tired, but you watched him curiously. Maybe he needed to use the bathroom or he just couldn't lie down anymore. You realized it was the bathroom when he rose to his feet, balancing on the good left one. His crutches were leaning on the bedside table, so he would be able to reach them easily.

But instead of grabbing them, Bucky carefully placed the casted foot on the floor and tested the waters. You didn't want to freak out immediately, because there was still a slight chance that he would use the crutches, but when he made a step forward, you realized that this stubborn idiot would not use them.

"Are you fucking stupid?" You screamed, sitting up in bed quickly, your angry eyes fixed on his back.

Bucky visibly jumped in the air, landing on the injured foot and collapsing back on the bed because of the pain. He deserved it you thought, although of course you were worried.

"Holy Shit." He exclaimed, lying with his back on the bed now before he turned his upper body around to look at you.

"What do you think you're doing?" The angry tremble in your voice could possibly heard in every room along the hallway, but you didn't care.

"I needed to pee. Am I not allowed to pee now?" Bucky was caught while doing bullshit but instead of admitting it, he switched into defending mode. It was something you were used to by him, especially because he knew exactly that this would drive you insane. He was used to obey for most parts of his life, so as soon as he realized that he didn't have to have the same opinion than others or obey 24/7 he liked to argue and discuss a lot.

Sometimes because he had every right to.
Sometimes only because he was physically and mentally able to disobey.
He still needed to find the right balance with it.

"Of course you are allowed to pee, Buck. But use the damn crutches. Why can't you listen to me for once."

"I did listen to you, Y/N. The cast is still on my leg. If it wouldn't be for you, I would have ripped it off as soon as I was back in my room. But I didn't."