[N.F] Secret Family

Summary」: Nick gets a mysterious phone call from a man who found the secret family he was trying to hide so hard. He only knows one person to trust with this topic: Mace.

Warnings」: Violence against the reader, injured reader, hostages, gun violence, death of a character

「Requested by」: /

»»----- ♡ -----««

Ever since Nick got the promotion that made him become the Director of the CIA, he was occupied with work more than he liked to

Ever since Nick got the promotion that made him become the Director of the CIA, he was occupied with work more than he liked to. Heading from one meeting to another, talking and discussion with highly ranked politicians and Directors of other Agencies and Police Departments. It was exhausting and kind of boring.

He missed being out in the field.

But the job was safer, giving him a pretty good salary and more freedom with his working hours. Not that he was able to enjoy the time out of the office, his working phone buzzing almost 24/7. As much as he loved to enjoy his evening watching football games and drinking a beer, he was still the fucking Director of the CIA.

And if they needed a decision, they didn't care if he wanted to have a bubble bath or was reading a book.

On this Tuesday he was finishing a report about a drug trafficking ring they were observing for months, currently preparing two Agents to go undercover and blow the ring. HR needed his evaluation to decide if the risk was manageable or not. He hated this bureaucracy. While still being an Agent he tried to operate in the shadows. Not only of their enemies, but also of the CIA. Avoiding as less decisions as possible, so that he was not forced to wait for suit-wearing idiots to make decisions about something they clearly had no clue about.

Now he was one of these suit-wearing idiots. But the perfectly fitting navy-blue suit looked amazing on his trained body.

A weird sound disturbed his thinking process and it took him a few moments until he realized that it was his private phone that was indicating an incoming call. He barely used it nowadays, doing most of his calls from the secured phone the CIA gave him. Nick quickly grabbed the iPhone and looked who was calling him.

Unknown Caller.

Nobody had this number expect of his family, but none of them would dare to call him while he was at work. Normally he would put the phone away, ignoring the call. But the report he was written was so boring and he really wanted to lighten his mood by screaming at some poor sales guy who tried to sell him so stupid things.

"Fowler."

"Agent Fowler. Good to hear your voice."

Nick immediately straighten his back, his shoulders tensed and he had a bad gut feeling. He didn't know the male voice on the other side of the phone, but whoever it was, was trouble. That was pretty clear.

"Who is this?"

"It doesn't matter right now. All that matters is who I am with."

"Nicki..." a female voice could be heard on the other side of his phone and Nick's heart broke the moment he heard this melodic voice and the sad vibe in it.