[B.B] Impatience (Part 1)

Summary」: Bucky comes back from a mission battered and bruised and although the serum helps him heal quickly, it still takes a few days until he's back on his own feet. Much to his dislike. Y/N tries everything to prevent him from hurting himself even further, but it's not easy to deal with the grumpy and impatient super solider. 

Warnings」: Description of injuries, X-Rays, Hospitals, Hurt-Comfort, Grumpy!Bucky, Impatient!Bucky, Worried!Reader, Nurse!Reader

「Requested by」: /

»»----- ♡ -----««

Your heart was beating faster than usual while you were waiting on the roof of the Avengers compound for your boyfriend to return from his mission

You had been in the med-bay with Dr.Cho when Stark contacted her and told her about the incoming super soldiers. Both of them had been hurt on the mission when an explosion let their floor collapse underneath their feet and they crashed a few feet down. Nothing life-threatening, especially not for the enhanced super soldiers, but enough to let Steve contact Tony and ask for medical support as soon as they landed.

As Dr. Cho's senior nurse, you had been preparing an emergency backpack for her to carry on as long as one stretcher in case one of them were not able to walk. Stark hadn't given you or the doctor any details, apparently Steve tried to be as vague as possible.

He had been on a mission together with Bucky, trying to get rid of the remnants of HYDRA. They had found some still intact bases in the last months and as this had been something personal, Steve and Bucky decided to go alone. It had never been a problem. They had super strength, super endurance and super healing powers. Both of them very good in using any kind of weapons and the Captain obtaining a Vibranium shield that was able to protect them from bullets. 

They never came home with serious injuries.

Until today. 

Now you were standing here, looking into the sky and waiting for the Quinjet to arrive and bring home your super solider boyfriend. Anxiety rushing through your veins, because you had no idea in which constitution Bucky would be. His history with doctors and hospitals was long and his mistrust deep, so he would only let himself being treated when you were around. He trusted you with his life, even when it came to medical stuff. 

You two had met after one of his missions went south so drastically that Dr. Cho had to perform brain surgery on him. He had been in a medically induced coma for a few days and you were just hired by Dr. Cho and responsible for making sure he was fine. He was your first patient and you couldn't get the handsome super soldier out of your head. Turned out Bucky had feeling the same ever since he saw your smile when he woke up from the coma. You had entered his life with a loud boom, turning his heart upside down. 

The Quinjet came into sight, pulling you out of the memories and into the present day. One of your hands were clutching on the railing of the gurney, your knuckles turned white while your body was shaken by anxiety.