NEW [N.F] What could go wrong?

Summary」: Nick and his wife Allison, both working as CIA Agents, try to arrest the head of a huge drug trafficking ring. It's an easy and smooth operation until everything goes wrong and not only Nick has to fight for his life.

Warnings」: Mentioning of drugs, crimes, gun violence, detailled descriptions of injuries, hospital, angst, emotional breakdown, character death

「Requested by」: I recently read a lot of OneShots by the wonderful jamesbarnesstan and that inspired me a lot to write this one.

»»----- ♡ -----««

"Be careful, Nicky," Allison said before placing a tender kiss on Nick's lips

"Be careful, Nicky," Allison said before placing a tender kiss on Nick's lips. He smiled into the kiss, grabbing Alison's waist to pull her even closer while his lips lingered on top of hers, without actually touching them again.

"I will. You too, babygirl." Nick whispered before his lips finally gave Allison a last kiss. The pet name was their own way of making fun about their age gap. Nick had turned 40 this year while Alison was only 29. It had never been a problem in their relationship, but they had to endure several bad jokes, unwanted comments and even people giving them weird side-eyes as soon as they knew about their ages.

They had always made fun of it themselves, Nick calling her "babygirl" or even mentioning their age gap in his speech at the day of their marriage: "While I was already starting to work for the CIA, you were still running around the playground in elementary school."
It had been hilarious and Allison loved the funny side of Nick. One that took her a few months to discover, as Nick had been a closed-up, grumpy and silent person to date. It wasn't more than once that she regretted her decision to saying yes to an initial date with him and then just sticked around.

That had been three years ago, now they were married for almost a year and discussing about starting a family soon. If the job let them. Nick was still looking for a promotion to become a Deputy Director, so he wouldn't be out in the field anymore. This was the minimum Allison asked him for, because she couldn't stand the constant fear of him not returning home. It was already killing her, but she couldn't imagine how worse it would be if they had children.

Gagging sounds could be heard next to the pair, before a female voice said:

"You know that this is gross, right?"

Mace shook her head to underline her statement, the red locks dancing around her face while she tried to hide a smile. Secretly she was happy that her best friend finally had found to love of his life, but she would never show this. Not even when he chose her to be his maid of honor on their wedding. She was rolling eyes and making gagging noises the entire evening, her big speech a tribute to being single and how bad it is to get married. It had been hilarious.

Nick and Allison stepped away from each other, both upper bodies covered in bulletproof vests with the letter "CIA" in yellow on top of it. They were ready to arrest some bad guys. The plan was simple, easy and bulletproof: running in, arresting as many people as possible, getting them to the headquarters and return home in time for dinner. What could go wrong?