[B.B] Therapy dog

Summary」: Sam decided to get Bucky a therapy dog for his nightmares and although Bucky didn't like it at first, he starts to love the fluffball over time.

Warnings」: Nightmares but other than that just cute Bucky with a fluffy dog.

「Requested by」: /

»»----- ♡ -----««

It was an early Monday morning at the end of May and Bucky and Sam had decided to go for a morning run together

It was an early Monday morning at the end of May and Bucky and Sam had decided to go for a morning run together. Ever since they defeated the Flagsmashers a while ago the two of them became closer and closer. Still not as friends, but they would call themselves "Co-Workers that kind of like each other" by now.

As Sam was making fun a lot about Bucky zoning out during meetings, the super soldier decided to go full speed during their run today. So he was already in Central Park earlier to warm his old muscles and prepare his body to blame Sam for his slow pace. Bucky was already grinning when he imagined Sam's face when he didn't have a chance against the super soldier.

Ten minutes later he could see the black man coming along the pathway, but to Bucky's confusion Sam didn't wore his jogging outfit. And what was even weirder: the man was holding the leash of a very huge and very fluffy dog. The fluffball was happily looking around with his rosé colored tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"I thought we wanted to do a morning run together?" Bucky asked part annoyed part confused.

"Sorry, pal. Got you a new running partner!" Sam answered with a wide grin on his face. The fluffy dog - it was a black and white colored Alaskan Malamute - stepped further towards Bucky and sniffed on his bare thigh. The super soldier made a small step back as he didn't like to feel the warm breath of the dog on his skin.

"Very funny." Bucky said while his gaze wandered from the dog back to Sam. "Who's dog is this?"

"It's yours."

"Very funny, Sam." Bucky huffed annoyed while rolling his eyes. He regretted that he hadn't killed Sam at their first encounter on that bridge. That would have spared him a lot of eyerolling, annoyance and sighing.

"It's not a joke. Happy belayed birthday, Bucky." Sam said with a light chuckle.

"What do you mean?"

Before he responded Sam kneeled down next to the dog and gently turned his face around so that he was looking at the super soldier.

"Bucky meet Wolf. This is your therapy dog. It took them a lot of effort and money to train him to be that. He's specialized for veterans with PTSD and nightmares. Wolf meet the old grumpy super soldier called Bucky. He's your new owner now."

As if the dog had understand Sam - and Bucky was 100% sure that he did not - Wolf tilted his head a little to the left and changed the position of his ears so that they were pointing towards Bucky.