Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Not edited yet

When I got home, I met my sister in the living room doing whatever she was.

"Hi", I greeted her, making my way to the stairs.

" Hey! Aunty Maria made lunch",She shouted after me. Aunty Maria was our housekeeper.

"Okay! I'm coming".

I quickly went to my room to change into a better house wear and then sprinted back downstairs.

I quickly grabbed my food in the microwave, correct Naija Jollof Pasta and placed it on the dinning, taking a seat.

" So when are you going back to your country, mademoiselle?" I could only speak little, and I meant very little, French Language.

She sat up sluggishly on the couch, giving me a very particular look, " Excusez moi, are you sending me back there?FYI, this is my parents house, so I have every right to be in this house as you do".

"No vex nah. I was only joking o. And  no be say we know wetin you dey do for there, sef. Abi with all this big big money Mummy and Daddy are paying for your stupid nou-velle abi is it novel and that haule cuisine abi? We haven't tasted anything. And you are here inflating your head."

"You should have just said you wanted me to do something to show off I actually do go to school there."

"Sha Cook something or bake something either way".

" I will make Chicken cordon bleu"

"If I wanted that, I'd have simply Googled it online. Who doesn't know that one in Nigeria", I scoffed.

" Will you eat or not?", She gave me the stink house.

"Sha do it! This spag(Pasta) is delicious today"

"Of course, She makes delicious food".

" Does she?"I asked sarcastically

"I meant this is particularly delicious".

" No, this one is specially delicious."

"Iwo lo mo". I rolled my eyes(That is your problem)

" Anyways, how's school? "She continued.

" It's... School?" I gave her the 'what the hell?' Look. Something is very very fishy.

"I just asked school was".
OK, this is bad.

" I could have sworn I replied you ".
" I'm lost o".

"You are lost where? Come, Simi, why are you so hung on how my day went?"

"Because of that your handsome half cast boy you've always had a crush on."

And before I could get a hang on it, I choked on my spicy Pasta, coughing vigorously. I quickly scrambled to get water, hardly gulping it when she started to laugh.

"You just had to add spice to that cough. Surprised I found out?"

I gave her a look of disbelief, why does everyone think I had a crush on him for crying out loud.

"I can't believe you believed that. This time, Sissy, you guessed wrong. Even if I had a crush on him- which I don't he is s cold as a frozen fish".

Okay, maybe I was lying to her and to myself. Maybe I did have a crush on him. Christ!

"Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you will believe it yourself."

"How do you even know Troy?"

"I listen to your conversations", she replied with fake pity.

" I can't believe you've been stalking me and besides, I have never spoken to him over the phone. As a matter fact, I can actually count how many times I  have spoken to him."