Chapter 6

Practically Parent Less

Tola's POV

I hated it that Reni always talked so happily, I thought her life was perfect and well planned and great unlike mine. When she spoke about what was wrong with her family, I almost spilled what was eating me up. I hated that my best friend couldn't see beyond my facade. She couldn't see my sadness. I ask her about things going on with her, but she never asked me about mine. Not anymore.

One of this days, this pretense will kill me. It was already making my life miserable.

Mother was an whore who doesn't care what I want or need or my life style, so far she sees me once in a while, she was afine. What am I even saying? I wasn't sure mother cares for me, at all.

Father? He was always about business or stupid girls he went around with parading. His last side chick was about my age, it was the height of shamelessness and the man wasn't even embarrassed about it.

The only thing about him was money, he gave me money even without asking as if that was what I needed, he was even worse than mother, he doesn't create time for me at all.

My Brother, Miles, was a playboy, barely managed to complete his university education and an extravagant spender, spoilt brat, flirtatious. Reni hated him with passion even with the fact that seventy percent of the times he had met Reni, he was either nursing an hangover or he was terribly drunk. What do you expect what you name your child a playboy's name.

I just wanted to be loved, to be cared for, to have someone to express their love to me. I'm a big sucker when it comes to love matters, hence Reni and Troy's relationship.
I knew what genuine love would look like, I saw it when I saw Reni's family, they show it to me, Ire's Mum was the most caring human being after Reni's Mum. I saw what their families are like, I saw the love Reni's Parents had for each other, I saw the love gradually booming with Reni and Troy. I just wanted mine too.

"Small Madam, Madam is just arrived home and she needs asked for your presence "

Oh! What does she want now? Finally remembered she had a house.

"Tell her to give me ten"

I wasn't doing anything, I just wanted to buy sometime as well as waste her time.

"But small madam... "

"Get out! Get lost and do as I say"

I know I seem different at home than at school and with my friends but it's my defensive mechanism. They shouldn't expect me to take everything they dump on me like a siphon There is only so much one could take.

She did get gave my Mother my reply, two minutes later my Mother was already bulldozing her way into my room.

"Why does your room look so dull? Lack of bright colours. Annabelle, you are a girl and you should act like one! "

"Good morning to you too, Mother. The weather is cool today, did you notice? Oh and Mother everyone calls me Tola as in Tolamise and I prefer it that way"

"Are you trying to act smart? Was that why you decided to not welcome me when I got home? And waste my time outside when I sent the maid to your room? "

Like she spent ten seconds before making her way to scold me here. The days of running downstairs at Mother's arrival after her long 'business' trips were long over. I have Reni's mum now and I don't need a useless one.

"Mother, go straight to your point? "

"What do you take me for? "

"Mother... I was actually busy before you came in and out wasn't aware you would be coming, I would have planned your time. I'm squeezing out time to give you audience, Mother, use it well"