CHAPTER 7

Not edited

How the time passed was beyond me. All I knew was I thoroughly enjoyed my first date. It was magical, period.

"We have to go home. Your house is quite far from this place, don't you think? "
I agreed with him

He opened the passenger seat car door for me and got into the driver side after making sure I was settled.

"So, how was it? " I knew exactly what he was asking me.

I turned and smiled at him," It was perfect, thanks to you"

That seemed to dish out a big smile from him, " My Pleasure "

He ignited the car and put it to drive. I smiled subconsciously as I thought of what my Mum would say -speaking of Mums, "So... What does your mom think about our engagement? "

I raised an eyebrow at him in question. His countenance seemed to change at that.

"I don't want to talk about it"

O-kay

I kept quiet, deep in my own thoughts, does his mom hates me even before meeting me? Did she not approve of this whole thing? Or, the real question here is... Is she even alive? Ire never really mentioned anything about Mofe's parents per say. It's just him and his dad.

"...Star! " I jerked out of my reverie.

"Oh, sorry, Mofe, I was faraway. You were saying something?"

"I was wondering why you were too quiet in the first place".He sighed," I'm sorry for reacting that way "

"Oh. No, no, no. It's okay. It's personal, I understand ". I said it awkwardly.

It wasn't okay. First things first, was his mother alive??

"Is your mother..? " I trailed off meaningfully to which he caught on quickly.

"No, no!  Not like that, she's very much alive ", He smiled, well, grimaced would be the right word, "She... She's... She's just... an handful. Leave it okay? "

It only provoked more questions from me, internally. Questions like, Did his parents divorce? Was it his Mother's fault or Mr Angelo's fault? How did Troy fare? Did they fight for Troy's custody and why on earth all those things concern me?

Troy cleared his throat again, "Let's change the topic, the atmosphere is far too tensed for my liking".

I returned his tensed smile, "I know, right? "

"I'm certain Ire will be waiting to grill me for a gist, as he calls it, right now. It's possible I meet he and Ire waiting for me at my house"

"Oh, about that, Tola is definitely waiting for me, I can't be too sure if Ire will be waiting at mine or yours. But, bruh, those people loves gossip than an old woman would"

"Got me thinking how they became my friends "

"I ask myself the same question, everyday ",I muttered.

"You know what,  let's play twenty questions to kill the time "

"Really? ", It sounded sarcastic.

"Of Course. We decided to start as friends, no? " I raised my right brow, "So, I'm guessing friends should know things about each other "

"Right", too slow for my liking but I took it.

"Okay, so, uhhh...what can I even ask? " I groaned.

Troy laughed, "You didn't know what to ask and you wanted to play "