CHAPTER 11

Reni's POV

The week moved as fast as lightning, the weekend passed quickly too. After school today, Tola, Ire and IK were to be returning to their various houses. Mam had already packed too much gifts for them, asking them to come back soon. That woman was a guest person, she liked it when there was guest at home and her daughter's guest were leaving. Well, IK now wasn't a guest anymore and she didn't count Troy as a guest, because we were engaged.

And Troy? Gush, that guy didn't ever let me stay on my own. The school was already talking about it and it was getting in my nerve, not to talk of Precious Maduka and her stupid cohort with their unnecessary troubles.

Troy didn't even know the amount of trouble he submitted me to. I know I sound like in telling you about a cliche Korean movie but that was how the day turned out.

TROY'S POV.

After school, Star's driver, Baba Mutiu came to pick us from school and she was telling how one Precious Maduka from her class has been harassing her.

"God, I hate that girl. She's rude, proud, jealous, callous, smug about all the bad things in the world she had put her hand on, she is also insecure! She thinks she is the most pretty girl that only fine guys asks out. But guess what, Troy, I got the best of them all. I just hate that girl", she continued to ramble.

_I hate her too._
_
" So you think I'm handsome"

"I didn't say anything remotely close to that', she glared at me

" But you just did..."

"Oh, did I? Cause I remember saying 'fine boys', not handsome boys. By the way, are you that hopeless romantic that asked me out over the most romantic dinner?".

" I certainly was, Milady and I'm very upset you didn't remember me". I decider to play along.

"You are?", She winked, " I'm not sure you are the same person, cause I will certainly have known, kind sir. That man is the most handsome man I ever met."

I smirked, I loved the game. I had every intention of giving her a befitting reply only to be interrupted by the sound of my phone's ringing tone. I raised a finger to tell her to give me a minute.

Producing my phone from my pocket, I checked the caller's ID only to realise it was my mother. I quickly rejected the call as I turned back to Star, pasting my smile back on my face.

"Oh,so, you do think in the most handsome".

What does mother want now? Why would she even care enough to call me? I have to be worried as she doesn't call unless she has an acerbic thing to request or say... All this things were floating through my mind, I couldn't help but worry.

I was jerked out of my reverie when star shook me," Are you even listening? What us in your mind? You look confu..."

The ringtone of my phone cut her rambling short, which I appreciated, only that the person calling was my favourite person at present or at any point for that matter. I hung up, again.

I just hoped she hadn't gotten to know aboutbmy engagement. It was to make mother stop her ridiculous attempts and plan to get me married to one of her best friend's snobbish and spoilt daughter, perfect example of my mother's behavior. I wondered if they did that because they were rich or because they were just naturally cruel.

"Mofe, God,what's wrong with you? Who was that calling you?" Star didn't have to concern herself with miniscule matters.

"It's nothing, star. You don't need to worry"

"No, Mofe, I need to worry. What's going on? Are you in any sort of trouble".

The way she squeezed her face in worry was so hilarious I had to rein in the bubbling laughter in me. How she managed to do that to me is indescribable.