CHAPTER EIGHT

Chapter 8
Ire's POV.

In my life, I was grateful for every single person that was in my life. I learnt that since I was in a tender age.

My Father died when I was young, leaving my Mother a young widow, I watched her struggle with her insecurities, her pain,  her sadness, I watched take therapies and found comfort in her work. Even with all of that Mother doesn't joke with her kids.

If you wanted to see her burst in rage, touch her children. My sister and I were the apple in our mother's eyes and we knew it, quite well.

It may seem like we liked to take permissions but it was a way of telling our mother where we were. If with those permissions, the only place Mother always had a clear heart to send my sister and I too was Reni's house. She let's us stay for holidays at theirs too.

Speaking of Reni's family, they were a great family. They took good care of my family and I, I wouldn't stop being grateful.

They were the only one Mother was able to turn too when she was too depressed to take care of her own kids. We stayed at theirs and came back home, fat and happy kids, when Mother was ready for us again. Hence, my relationship with Reni.

Mummy (Reni's Mum) taught me how to channel my feelings into drawing and painting, hence, the beginning of my friendship with Troy, IK joined us later on. Nobody knew about our relationship, again, except Reni.

Reni and I were childhood best friends and the only one I could actually trust her with anything, but I promised her to always  be her protector and I will always stand by it.

Mummy always thought we would date each other or possibly get married in the future. I couldn't nurse that idea anymore, especially when Reni is now engaged to my best buddy, Troy. It would be disastrous, I wouldn't want that.

My sister always had a good relationship with Reni too. There was something about that family, they were not perfect, no, they confirmed it too. They weren't but they strive to be a supportive family. Support their own family and also support others family.

I wasn't stupid, I knew we weren't the only family the Adesokan family helped. At this rate, I would say Tola is their biggest beneficiary now. Troy is not far behind. Mrs Adesokan is the coolest woman I ever knew.

"Babe! How are you doing? " Only Precious staked claims on me now. She had sent any other female admirer packing.

"Precious, for Christ sake, I'm not your baby"

She batted her eyelashes, that was the thing, she couldn't meet my criterion for any I will consider dating, which was mostly coined from Reni's behaviours.  Reni would never bat her eyes to get a man's attention, she was more than that.

"Babe! I just want to invite you to my pool party." She giggled, "It's going to be so wonderful, you can come with your handsome friends too, you know"

It's on the tip of my tongue to reject her invitation but I remembered how Tola would kill me, like she tried the last time I rejected this type of invitation.

I did not look at her, I kept on doodling by the side of my book, Reni didn't like it whenever I doodle that, she  said it meant I wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying.

"I will consider it only if Reni and Tola agrees to come ". Tola would be the one to try convincing Reni if she wanted to go because I wouldn't be going without Reni. I needed to start reducing the way my thoughts always goes to Reni, for barely any reason. She had someone to think about her, she had Troy.

"That stupid girl will come? I didn't want to invite her"
Precious whined. Foolish girl.

"Pray that that stupid girl accepts your invitation, that would be the only reason I set foot in your pool party", I sighed as I stood up from the chair in the Music room, approaching the piano seat.