CHAPTER 9

This chapter is dedicated to Talodabioluwa22, she was actually the first person to read this book, yeah, and liked it too.

Beware, Reni's Mum is going to be a full time typical Nigerian Christian Mother in this episode, I would like you to pay attention to some of her warnings too.

Not yet edited

Reni's P O V

"Star, I want to buy an hotel here! How much is it? " Troy asked me.

"No, no way! You are not buying another hotel here or anywhere again! You had better manage just the land like that", Simi countered.

Quite frankly, practically everywhere in the game was a no go area because Troy managed to buy hotels around the four corners.

"That's true, Jare. Troy, you are not buying anything anywhere!" This time it was IK.

Everyone started to laugh at them and when I said everyone, I meant Ire,Tola, Bro Ola, Daddy and Mummy. Yep, it was a full house and my friends have all been living here since Monday evening. I couldn't wait to see their reactions when we start our Saturday morning devotions. Both Troy and IK. I knew I was going to love it.

Well, I know you have deduced it but we were playing Monopoly and Troy was beating everyone because he managed to invest on the most expensive and dangerous areas in the game. Somehow, you just land in his houses or hotels. Simi seemed to be the one carrying last, IK? Second to the last. Bro Ola was somehow close to Troy, thank God for business strategies. Ire and Tola were nearly trying to bold their own. Me? I was jejely the banker for the game. I was a sore loser o, don't look at me like that and I wasn't very good in the game. Mum was out of the game already, left in debt and out of money. Laughable for a successful fashion designer. Dad on the other hand decided he would be contributing to the games by cuddling with his wife. They were both cuddled on the couch watching how the game played out. Gush. I legit covered my face...and that was how were spending our Friday evening and to be frank o, I loved the full house. It was interesting, adventurous and a lot of things.

By the way, Troy and I went on our second date, that room the highest floor of the house. Courtesy, Troy.

He employed everyone in the house's help and imployed them to keep it a secret from me so that the surprise will be effective. They didn't know till now that Tola had mistakenly bursted their bubbles. That girl, Ehn, she couldn't keep a secret to save her life.

Anyways, I enjoyed it. Inner squeal. To be frank, I didn't know Troy could be so romantic, like ever. We waltzed to Chris de Burgh's 'Lady in Red' which gave me an inkling as to why he got me are dress for the date. Daddy and Uncle Ola weren't too happy with it but Mum was enough for them.

The date ended too fast for me but it was great, he was the one that actually taught me how to waltz. We had a three course meal, Balognese Spaghetti the main course. He knew I loved my Pasta. He told me stories about his childhood, conveniently removing his mom, not that I mind. And then at that moment, I really couldn't hold back my tears any longer when the first chord of the piano resonated around the hall. Troy invited someone to come and play our Grand Piano.

My heart fluttered, increase in my heartbeat and butterfly busted through my stomach as he opened his mouth to sing the first line of The West life's 'I lay my love on you'

Just a smile and the rain is gone,
Can hardly believe it(yeah),
There's an Angel standing next to me reaching for my heart,
Just a smile and it's snowing back,
Can hardly believe it(yeah)
But there is an angel calling me,
Reaching for my heart...

It was the best date of my life and I think I was beginning to fall, very hard and without control.
Oh, nobody was home. I wouldn't have enjoyed my date to that extent with a lot of nosy noses around. God forbid. They went for boy's outing and girl's date and they all met up to eat out for dinner. It was only Aunty Maria that was at home to serve and chaperone us. Daddy's work.