CHAPTER 10

With all the fusing and plays and pranks and loads of teenagers in the house, I decided to hightail it, and since there was barely any place I could go, I went back to work.

My best friends were on a business trip together, we created a company from the scratch, I was footing bills but they were doing all the works, it soon became very successful and I couldn't be more proud of it.

I told my secretary I didn't want to see anyone except Dad, if he asked to see me. Dad too came to work, as he found it nauseating for Reni, that small, naive sister of mine to be doing lovey dovey at home, too. I made sure to give the boy a very strict warning.

I had barely entered my room when dad came barging in, without warning. I frowned, opening my mouth to ask him why he barged in, you know, very politely only to see a wide smile on his face. I decided it was safe to let him talk.

"My son, I'm so proud of you. You didn't tell me we won the contract, I knew you could do it!" I knew he was talking about the Arsenal Contract. It was making me wonder what that impulsive girl had done, again.

"We didn't win it, Dad", I told him calmly.

"We won it. See this email", he had already tossed his phone into my hands even before completing the statement.

What had she done now?

"Right, Dad, but I still don't know what is going on. "

If she made my Dad think I got this contract because we are dating or something, I won't going to be signing anything, I already feel worst about the lie I hadn't even lied.

"You don't to know, son. It's God, in addition to your hard work." I started to feel far worse than I was before. He was grinning when he finally left my office, I sank into one if the couches in my office.

I was startled by the office telephone ringing, whoever it was didn't know when to call at all. I picked up the receiver, anyways.

"Sir?", It was a tentative whisper and it was my secretary.

I sighed, suddenly feeling angry again, "What?!"

"Sir, there is a woman here, she says she is your Fiancee... ", I heard someone scream 'wife to be'in the background, "...wife to be sir, she says her name is Miss Ewatomi Kings"

Ewatomi, just the person I needed to scream on.

I reeled my self not to scream into the receiver, "Let her in, thanks Theresa"

"It's not problem, sir. Ma...", She began to address Ewatomi, presumably before dropping her receiver. I stood pacing the length of my office, waiting to tear her into pieces.

Ewatomi sashayed in like she owned the place, she smiled too sweetly at me, I was instantly very suspicious, "Babe... " Now, that was the apex of suspicious but I was wrong when she approached me with a hug and kiss to my cheeks, that is the apex of suspicious.

"OK, what is going on? "

She raised a brow with that dubious smile if hers, "Which one of them? "

"Every single one, Ewa, every single one. Why was I awarded the conctract, why are you here, why are you not my fiancee, but my wife to be. Ewa, it's the same, you are just disturbing the poor girl, for heaven's sake", I doubt I was the one that wanted to skin this lady in front of me alive, two seconds ago. What her dubious smile does to me.

"I will answer from the back, you know, wife to be makes it more... You know, realistic. You have to search your head for what fiance means. And you were the one who asked me to draw up a contract and bring it to you. Third answer, you have always won the contract, I just wanted to meet you"