CHAPTER 13

Troy's POV.

I couldn't take it anymore, I ran as far away as I could and she still monitored me? What else did she want from me? I had just returned from the boys day out with Brother Ola.

Everyone was now having a chat in the garden and I couldn't help but feel jealous about the bond they shared, they were not perfect but they were the definition of a good family.

What could one want? Support, Care, Love, accommodation, entertainment...a lot more. To compare such family to the one I called family was a far cry from each other, it wasn't the same.

My family had never been a family, not since I had been wise enough to know right from wrong. It had always been a dysfunctional one. A nagging, cheating, self conceited, most uncaring, greedy and selfish bitch thrown in the mix.

Then a father who constantly ran from the nagging cheat he called his wife at home or if not, occasionally drowned himself in alcohol and work because of the same problem, his wife! He had only gotten pain from that relationship, I blamed my father for being blind enough to marry a woman like her.

Put in a very much traumatised son and an overly happy daughter- a cover for what a mess her family was. That was what my family was all about.

I decided to take off with my father, taking my sister with me but she refused. I was just grateful that the witch we called mother hadn't influenced her with her bitterness.

As if on cue, a. call came through. I picked it.

"Son." He greeted

"Father, mother called." There was absolutely no need to elongate matters.

I heard shuffling in the background, "What?"

"She wants me to break my engagement with Star." I told him

"Soph... Sophie called? She said that?" It looked like he hadn't finish digesting the information. I wondered why he was surprised in the first place.

"What's this woman's problem? What does she want again?"

"Well, just so you know, I won't be leaving star for anything any time soon or anytime at all, okay? So she can shove her stupid plans wherever she wants, I won't be doing anything she says."

I hung up immediately. When he disgests all the information I had given him, we could talk then. I sighed laying back in bed, I had insomnia but last night was bad. I couldn't sleep well without thoughts popping left, right and center in my mind. I finally decided to surf the internet eventually ending up in Netflix, trying to find latest movies and thrillers.

Reni's POV.

I knew immediately I saw Mofe that morning that he was in a very very bad mood, I didn't know why but I hated to see him in that mood, it made me lose my good mood too.

It was as though I could feel his sorrow, and to make matters worse he announced that he was going to back to his house that same evening. Dad had confirmed it, saying Mr Angelo was back from his business trip. It made me even more sad and frustrated.

For someone that does not actually talk in class, been in a very bad mood worsen that whole situation. Everyone knew not to make Mofe even more angrier. I was tired of walking on egg shells around him so I decided to confront him. Our friends, Ire and IK had tried, he had snubbed them. I was not going to allow someone to disgrace me. Ko joor.

(No way)

So, immediately school closed for the day, I dragged him to the garden. I was beginning to wonder how bad mood could last that amount of time.