Chapter 05

Valerie's POVI was weighing various body organs from a elderly woman's corpse in the morgue where I worked part time as a morgue assistant

Valerie's POV
I was weighing various body organs from a elderly woman's corpse in the morgue where I worked part time as a morgue assistant.

I was trying to be quick but thorough. I had a doctors appointment in an hour to confirm my pregnancy. I just needed to finish these last few things...

"Val, go" I look up at Melinda startled "What?" "I'll take it from here. You go to that doctor's appointment" Melinda said making George and Ravi nod in agreement.

"What is this? Bully the intern day?" I scoffed as I started storing the parts in containers "We're not bullying you, we're trying to help" Ravi said defensively and George added "This is an important medical test, and you need to be aware of what...

"What is this? Bully the intern day?" I scoffed as I started storing the parts in containers "We're not bullying you, we're trying to help" Ravi said defensively and George added "This is an important medical test, and you need to be aware of what's happening in your body. Then you need to start making some decisions" I look at him in bewilderment.

"What decisions? If I'm pregnant then I'm keeping my baby" I said making George nod and say "Okay, there's one. Now about changing your insurance, beneficiaries, not to mention rewriting your will" and Melinda added "Plus baby names, and nursery set up" I sighed and said "Fine. I'll leave, but only because you guys are stressing me out" I then removed my gloves and went to the lockers.

I changed into my clothes as Melinda walked in.

"You know, we really weren't trying to stress you out

"You know, we really weren't trying to stress you out. We want to help you and support you" she said making me sigh and say "Yeah, you and all of Forks. Everyone won't stop saying 'I'm sorry for your loss' and 'Congratulations' acting like I'm a super star just because my ancestors founded Forks. I'm sick of it. I want my space and privacy" Melinda frowns and nods understandably.

Word spread fast about me taking a pregnancy test and now people are all over me for it. I have no idea how they found out.......probably the cashier at CVS.

They all stop me and say 'Congratulation' or give unsolicited advice and everyone insists that I should keep the baby in honor of Zeke's memory. As if it's any of their business, like if I wanted all of Forks in my uterus I would've become a prostitute.....

I sigh and grab my bag before heading to the doctor's.

~~~timeskip~~~
I lay on the bed as the nurse asks me routine questions while another draws blood for the test.

After they finish they leave and I'm left alone, until Charlie pokes his head in after knocking "Hey, kiddo. Got the results yet?" I shake my head and say "Not yet" he nods and sits by me, gently grabbing my hand "You know..." he starts but I cut him off and say "Charlie, no chick flick moments please. If I have to hear one more 'I'll support you' today I'm going to jump off the roof."

I sigh and flop my head back as Charlie frowns and starts grumbling about loud mouths and nosy busy bodies with nothing better to do then involve themselves in other's personal lives.

A knock sounds on the door and Dr. Sheppard comes in "Hey, Valerie, I've got your tests results back. Congratulations, your about a week and a half along" she then sits down and we begin discussing plans.

The usual next appointment, prenatal vitamins, and of course the approximate due date. There was so much to do in the next nine months...I hope I can make everything perfect for my little one...