Chapter 08

Valerie's POV
I walked out of the morgue after work and began digging around my purse for my keys. I had to hurry up and head to Port Angeles to shopping for baby supplies.

I couldn't help but feel as if I was being..... watched.

I shrugged it off and got into my car. I drove to Port Angeles and started hitting the boutiques. I planned to turn a corner of my bedroom into a nursery and I needed some furniture.

A crib, changing table, and a rocking chair for starters. Maybe a bookshelf? I also needed to think about clothes, bottles, diapers, wipes..... there was so much to do and plan for when my baby gets here and I already feel so far behind.

I browse around looking at cribs not paying attention to where I'm going and I accidentally bump into a teenage girl wearing a black dress and her hair up in a neat bun. My things drop to the floor and I immediately start apologizing "It's fine, it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going" she said soothingly making me chuckle and say "Neither was I."

I bent down to gather my things, and she knelt down as well "Here let me help you" she says "Thanks" I respond before my hand bumps into hers and I'm sucked into a.....dream? Hallucination? A vision?

I see the blonde girl from before wearing a summer dress and playing with two boys and another girl

One boy looks as if he could be her twin as they share the same facial features, but his hair is brown. The other two are also brunettes, but instead of having burgundy red eyes like the other two their eyes are brown and green hazel.

Suddenly the girl turns to me and yells "Mom!" I then emerge from the shadows wearing a regal gown and rush to hug the young girl and usher the other three into an embrace as well "Oh my darlings! You all look so beautiful! But we have to hurry back to the castle...your fathers are waiting for us."

"Yes, mama!" The four children chime before walking towards a medieval castle. Suddenly I turn to look at myself and I'm sucked from my daze.

"Miss? Miss, are you alright?" The blonde girl asks and I reach for my temples and start to rub them "Yes....yes I'm fine...I just....got caught in a daydream and now I have a migraine" she frowns and says "You should probably go home and rest" I nodded "That's a good idea...thank you- err" "Jane. My name is Jane" I smile and say "Well, thank you, Jane."

I then get up and head for my car. I drove home and get a cool compress for my head and laid down on my bed, bewildered by the events that just occurred.

Suddenly I hear Charlie come home...

'I wonder if Valerie's home, her car is in the driveway......should I call up and ask? Or should I just walk upstairs and knock on the door? If she's home she's probably exhausted from work' I hear what sounds like Charlie's voice say and my headache seems to worsen as I remove the compress in look at the door in utter befuddlement.

'I'll just go upstairs and peak inside her bedroom. If she's home and awake I'll talk to her, but if she's asleep I'll let her rest' I then hear someone come up the stairs and slowly come to a stop at my door. The bedroom door carefully opens, and Charlie pokes his head inside.

"Oh, good. You're home, I wasn't sure for a minute- wait, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" Charlie says as I'm flooded with concern questions from a voice that sounds like Charlie, but couldn't be, because his lips aren't moving.

Charlie walks over and sits on the bed next to me "Valerie...? What's going on?" I furrow my brow in deep thought before remembering "Where's mom and dad's old trunk?" He looks at me in surprise since we never really talk about them "In the attic....why?" I get up and quickly walk to the attic but say over my shoulder "Because I need their journals!"