Chapter 09

Valerie's POV
I sat on my bed with my legs crossed wearing comfortable clothes as I went through my parents journals.

Valerie's POVI sat on my bed with my legs crossed wearing comfortable clothes as I went through my parents journals

I was right in my assumption that they would hold the answers to my peculiar problems. I even managed to find some of my ancestors journals, which gave me more information and details about my current situation.Apparently the Swans' had psychic abilities passed down from generation to generation.

We've had Shields, which are supernatural force-field that blocks any and all kinds of psychic or physical powers. Shields can basically block out telepathic abilities, empathetic abilities, seers, and have very strong defenses against physical attacks.

Then there were empaths, which was the ability to fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others.

The telepaths, which are the purported vicarious transmission of information from one person's mind to another's without using any known human sensory channels or physical interaction.

The telekinetics, the psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction.

The necromancers, the ability to communication with the dead by summoning their spirits as apparitions or visions, or by resurrection

The seers, the ability to create Prophecies, which can determine the future or the ability to see into the past to determine why something has happened or is about to occur.

And Astral projection, the ability to project the consciousness of oneself or others from the body.

My father suspected that I had a very strong shield compared to my siblings who had caused him and my mother to fear that our psychic abilities were dying out. Bella didn't show very much promise with psychic abilities either.

The Forge's were apparently distant cousins on my mom's side and also had psychic abilities. Waylon was a documented projector and my Zeke was an empath.

That explained why it was always so easy to relax and sleep with him around. He was subconsciously using his ability to keep me calm and relaxed. It's why I didn't need to be medicated for my anxiety, because Zeke was helping me.

That brought tears to my eye, but I quickly pushed them back and tried to distract myself with the journals. There were other supernatural creatures that had a more inhuman nature.

The Vampyr that were primarily nomadic and traveled from place to place drinking the blood of innocent souls. Vampires in other words.

The lycan cursed souls that were forced to change shape whenever the moon shown at its brightest. They had mostly inhabited Europe, Asia, some some Slavic and Nordic regions and had even attempted to travel to America but were thwarted by vampires and driven to bear extinction. These were Werewolves.

The skin walkers or shapeshifters were people that could change at will and there were many different types across the globe;

Bears in Russia and Canada.

Lions, cheetahs, and hyenas in Africa.

Tigers, anacondas, and jaguars in the rainforests.

Foxes, coyotes, wolverines, birds of prey, and wolves in America.

Let's not forget the pandas in China.

I sat there absorbing all the information that I could. It was fascinating and I had so many more questions and theories that I wanted to test out. I came to the part where it told me how to spot certain supernaturals in a domestic setting. The one that caught my attention the most were vampires.

Never publicly eat or drink.

Heightened beauty.

Eye color changes according to diet, usually red or black. In rare cases, gold.

Skin sparkles in direct sunlight, so they will never be in it.

Superhuman physical abilities such as speed and strength.

Heightened senses.

Virtual indestructibility.

Regenerative healing.

Perfect memory recall.

Special abilities which are rare like humans are and genetic.

I sat there a moment thinking and wondering why all this seemed so familiar then it hit me..... the Cullens. Shock and denial overcame me before realizing that Bella was dating one, and if anyone knew the truth then it was her. Whether Edward told her or not, Bella doesn't believe in secrets.

I steeled myself before approaching Bella's room I didn't even have to go inside to hear her. All she thought about was immortality and her happily ever after with Edward.

Nauseated and disgusted I walked away and went to my room where I put on my headphones and started playing heavy metal. A trick to block out peoples mental voices according to Great aunt Daria Swan who was a punk.

I laid back and thought about my newfound abilities. I knew that they arose because I was pregnant and they were actually my baby's abilities being projected through me. It's happened a few times before with me in my mother's womb included, but the problem is that it was two psychic abilities not one which was almost unheard of according to the journals......

Could I be pregnant with twins? I thought back to the vision I had and came to the conclusion that I must be.

I subconsciously rubbed my flat abdomen in thought as the sounds of Master of Puppets came on....