Chapter 14

3rd POV
"Ciao, mia cara regina."

The kings greeted a stunned Valerie who stood in the doorway of her home.

They looked at her in amusement and awe. Her surprised expression was adorable, and she was more beautiful than they anticipated. While Aro had seen her as a vampire in Alice's vision, he didn't expect her to be so gorgeous as a human. Her beauty rivaled Heidi and that blonde Cullen girl. She was absolutely glowing!

And not because she was pregnant either.....

Valerie had a delicate heart shaped face with a cute button nose and plump lips. Her eyes were doe like and in a beautiful, warm brown color with matching curly brown hair up in a ponytail. She wore casual clothing, but it didn't matter if she wore a ball gown or a trash bag.

To them, she was perfect.

Valerie thought the same. All three men had Roman or Greek features like seen on statues of the gods. They wore three piece black suits with gold V shaped necklaces in place of ties. Their skin was pale like snow and their eyes glittered like rubies, but that was where their similarities ended.

The one to the far left was the tallest and had long frizzy, wavy brown hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail and it looked to end at his mid back but could be longer. He seemed to be in his late twenties, possibly 28 or 29 years old.

The middle one had long straight, raven colored hair that was in a half ponytail his hair that ended at his shoulder blades. He was in his mid twenties between 25-27 years old.

The one to the far right had long, straight platinum blonde hair that was left alone and ended at his shoulders. He was the youngest, but still older than Valerie, as he seemed to be between 22-24 years old.

Words had died on the four's tongue as they took in each other.

Valerie was instantly attracted towards them, and not only in the way she was Zeke who brought out her lust, but she felt like Juliet upon meeting Romeo. She felt like she was in love with total strangers but they didn't feel like strangers. It was as if her soul recognized theirs and was delighted to be reunited with them after so long.

The kings felt the exact same. Though they could instantly explain it away as the mating bond. Everything about Valerie brought out feelings of love and affection and protectiveness from them. Her appearance, her voice, her personality, and even her scent had them feeling like lap dogs and guard dogs all at once.

Her spiced citrus scent made their bloodlust fade away and completely erased their hunger to the point of where they felt human, and all they could focus on was her.

The sound of someone clearing their throat from behind Valerie drew their attention to Charlie who stood at the bottom of the stairs with his hands on his hips "Valerie..?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Marcus was the first to find his voice "Hello, this is the Swan Residence, correct?" He asked making Charlie unsurely say "Yeah" causing Marcus to nod and say "Good, may we come in? We have an offer to propose to young Valerie here" before Charlie could answer Valerie jumped in and said "Yes! Of course! Let me just put on a pot of coffee and we can talk in the living room."

Valerie let them inside and shut the door.

~~~Later~~~

Still 3rd POV
"So let me get this straight. The kings of Volterra, Italy found hidden catacombs filled with skeletons and are putting together a team to investigate it, and you want my little sister to be on it..?" Charlie asked as he absorbed the information given to him.

Everyone was seated in the living room with the Kings sharing the couch and Demetri and Felix standing behind them. Charlie was sitting in the lazy boy closest to the front door while Valerie was sitting in the one opposite of him.

Jane was sitting on the floor by her legs and resting her head on her lap. Jane's hair was out of its bun and cascaded in her lap allowing Valerie to braid it. Alec was standing by her chair and would occasionally reach out to play with a lock of her hair or squeeze her shoulder to silently ask if she needed anything. Valerie mostly squeeze his hand in return to let him know that she was fine, but at one point she had looked up and said that she wanted some tea.

Now she was contently sipping on spiced chai tea with vanilla cream.

"That would be correct" Aro answered "We sent Demetri and Felix to look for members, and they found Valerie" Charlie developed a thoughtful look "Italy is far away.... And she's pregnant" Marcus immediately spoke up and said "There's no rush. We planned on waiting until at least three months after the babies were born to request her presence in Volterra."

"If she accepts, then as of now she's considered on maternity leave. We'll mostly give her notes on the architecture and bones" Caius explained causing Charlie to look at her and say "It's your choice..." Valerie had a few more questions to ask, but before she could voice them the front door opened and Bella walked in.

Bella froze when she walked past the living room to see that Charlie and Valerie were home and that the Volturi was here "Wha-" Bella was abruptly cut off when Charlie stood up "We need to talk, now" he then ushered her up to her bedroom to talk privately with her.

Valerie glanced at the time to see that Bella was two hours late coming home from school. Bella was most likely at Edward's thinking that she could get away with it because normally Valerie and Charlie would come home around this time.

Valerie stood up and said "I'm going to cook dinner, would you like to join me? I have a few questions" they all stood up and nodded with Caius saying "Of course, Mia amour" they then followed her into the kitchen where she pulled out the supplies to make mushroom ravioli with grilled chicken.

They looked at her in amusement as she admitted to craving Italian cuisine lately, but said nothing of how they think that she will love Italy.