Chapter 9: Babysitter

Maya tried to keep up with me, but it was difficult for her in high heels and that tight skirt

We stopped on the sidewalk, far enough that we couldn't hear the music. "What do you think you were doing there?"

"Drinking?" She asked me.

"Maya this isn't funny. You're so drunk that you can barely walk and I'm pretty sure you're seeing me twice." I said irritated.

"I'm okay." She stepped forward, but she tripped over her own feet. I caught her before she hit the concrete face down.

"Obviously." I snorted. "We're going back to your apartment. Now."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and pushed me away. She walked towards her apartment again and this time without much trouble.

Sighing, I followed her.

I could be enjoying myself with someone and instead I'm playing babysitter. Where did I end up?

It's about a ten minute walk from Ronnie to Maya. But since Maya's walking abilities are limited, it will take us twice as long.

"I'm cold." She started complaining after five minutes.

"You should've thought about that before you put on a bathing suit." I said annoyed. What did she think? That skirt covers less than her shoes.

"Why are you so mean?"

"Mean?" I stopped and turned to her. "What do you think..." My jaw clenched and I exhaled heavily. She's pissing me the fuck off. "Here." I said between my teeth and took off my jacket. I handed it to her and waited for her to put it on.

In my jacket, she looks even smaller than she actually is.

"Can we go now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." She smiled drunkenly and began to walk clumsily. "Sebastian?" In another five minutes she stopped.

Although I'm glad she finally learned my first name and not just my last name, I turned to her with a heavy breath. "What now?"

"My legs hurt." She looked sadly at her feet.

I closed my eyes tightly. Breathe, Sebastian. Fucking breathe.

"I swear, one more thing and I'll leave her here." I said quietly to myself and walked over to her. "Climb on my back." I nodded my head.

That way, we might get to her apartment sooner.

"No." She moved further away from me.

"What do you mean no. Maya, you said your legs hurt!" I was getting irritated. "Climb. On. My. Back."

"No." She crossed her arms over her breasts. "I still don't like you."

"Oh my God." I exhaled and grabbed my head. "She doesn't like me." I laughed desperately. "Guess what, neither do I! So fuck off and get home alone. I'm sick of your bullshit." I turned and walked on without her.