Chapter 39: Love

I'm going to kill Acker

What did he get us into? Double date? What was he thinking?

Yes, Lana seems like a nice girl and I'm sure she's a wonderful company, but Raymond? If they put a piece of cutlery in front of me, I can't vouch for myself that I won't stick it in his hand.

We got off in front of a restaurant that I have never been to, as I don't waste money unnecessarily.

"Try not to kill him before we sit down." Acker put his arm around my shoulders. "For me."

"Put that hand down before I stick it up your ass." I narrowed my eyes.

"I'd rather be if it went up your ass. I'm pretty sure you'd like it too."

Oh my god come to your senses Maya! This is not the time for wet panties.

"Shut up." I almost whispered and poked him in the stomach with my elbow, which he just laughed at.

We followed Lana and Raymond, who sat next to each other, so we had a seat opposite them.

For some reason, I was sitting across from Raymond. It's probably too late to change, right?

"So how have you been since we last saw each other?" Lana asked after we ordered. This is probably the most money I've ever spent on one plate.

"Just normal." I shrugged my shoulders.

Just a stalker.

"But my dad got married again, so we flew to San José on a private plane. That's probably the most interesting thing." I laughed nervously. This is an awkward conversation. "What about you Lana?"

"Nothing so interesting as a private plane. What are you, a millionaire?" She laughed.

"Something like that." Acker said next to me as he took a sip from his glass of water.

"You are funny." She smiled. If only she knew he was telling the truth.

"So how did you two meet?" I looked from Lana to Raymond, who hadn't said anything yet. It was obvious that he did not like this situation.

"Through a friend." He simply replied looking at me. There was something in his eyes. As if he was hurt. But why?

"You don't have to say so much." Acker laughed, which obviously bothered Raymond.

"Maya was never bothered by my communication skills."

Oh shit.

Acker immediately froze next to me and if he had a knife at hand, it would fly straight at Raymond.

I don't know if Lana noticed what her boyfriend actually said, but from her expression, I don't think so.

"I didn't even ask. How did you two meet? Was it through your job?" Lana asked me and Raymond.